Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: E63 has lost all my contacts!

Contributor

E63 has lost all my contacts!

As the title says, my Nokia E63 has suddenly lost all my contacts. The phone is only a couple of months old and is on the 3 network.

How do I get all my contacts back? This really should not be happening to a brand new phone. 

Thanks for any replies. 

Professor
mykhashba

Hi 1992LP

As you mentioned, "This really should not be happening to a brand new phone".

any phone doesn't have the option to "autodelete" any private things from the phone " except internet cokies", and also not any program.  The only thing i'm thinking about what happened is

1) you "by mistake" deleted them all

2) you tried one of the coods that do reset for the phone without backing up the contacts , messages , calender

3) you installed a program that controlls contacts

4) you gave the phone to someone you trust then he/she deleted them

5) you copied them to the SIM card and deleted them from the phone

The only thing to get contacts back if you are sure that they are completely deleted from the phone is to restore them either from restore a previous backup you have made on the PC using Nokia PC suite or OVI suite, or to recopy them back from the sim

I hope that helped you, please check them up and let me know

Phones I bought from 1st till now:
3210 / 3310 / 3410 / 6310 / 6600 / 6020 / N72 / E51 / X2-00 / 5310 xpress Music / E90 Communicator

If you like my post or it helped you, Give me Kodo :smileyhappy:

I am starting to think this is a fault with the E63.

See here for others with a very similar problem.

Contributor

Thanks for your input, but I have not done anything different or new with the phone at all. There are only 2 contacts showing - both of which I added in the last week.

Besides that the phone is used for calls, text messages, and occasional web browsing.

Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Did you look in the SIM contactlist?
‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Contributor

First thing I tried - no luck!
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Did you move them to a memory card? Can you sync with Outlook through PCSuite?

Contributor

Phone did not come with a memory card and I have not had a chance to buy one.

Also did not come with a USB cable so has never been connected to a PC.

Mobile Guru
hadimassa

No cable? Use Bluetooth. As a last resort you can remove the SIM and place it in another (Nokia) phone. Sync it with PCSuite using Bluetooth. Sync the E63 and place the contacts in the phone's memory. If nothing works, consider a reset or bring it back to the store.

Registered Member

E63 has lost all my contacts!

Here also I bought E63 couple of months ago with 3 network.

Last month suddenly I lost all my contacts, I thought by mistake I deleted( I am sure, I didn't).

Then two days ago again all my contacts are gone.(no one touched my mobile)

I don't know how it is possible(twice to me).

How to solve this problem to prevent in future

Contributor

My E63 has suddenly lost all my contacts too! Has anyone been able to shed any light on the problem?

They were all there yesterday  - now only the two most recent additions remain.

I've not done an upgrade or installed any applications. My lovely phone is only 4 months old and I'm with the 3 network in the UK.

Contributor

PS I have the push e-mail service and I see that my contacts have copied themselves to my web-based mail. Is there anyway to reverse sync these back onto my phone?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Contributor

Ignore the PS - by going into the settings of the e-mail function and switching it to enable syncing of the contacts folder I've been able to transfer those ones back onto the phone.

Now there's less missing ..

But still the mystery of what happened......

Registered Member

This just happened to me on new years day. Also on 3 Mobile in australia, phone is 4 months old.

Haven't had any firmware updates or downloaded any games.

All the contacts that were on the phone got deleted, but those that were on the SIM were still there.

Anyone have any idea what happened? Or if there is any way of recovering?

Counsellor

Hmm ive had the exact same problem, my contacts just vanished, twice... i was jsut wondering does everyone here have some form of Email service there using because m pretty sure its because of the 3 email application im using and the way it backups my contacts to my email provider.

Registered Member
dragonball

How did you reverse it to get back the phone contacts?

Registered Member
jamaljey

i have similar challenge . . when u go to contacts, it shows blank with only exit option. when u try to  add a contact through mmessage it exits itself. also the key pad search option is not working anymore

Registered Member
omair1

The same thing has happened to my phone. It left 2 contacts. deleted so many. The contacts where there one minute, the next they disappeared.
Registered Member
jpkarwal

Even I have faced the same problem. Battery was low and it got switched off. When I switched on after charging I not only lost all the contacts but also everything from the memory card!! I even configured email account which also is lost! I never thought Nokia will have such problems. Now, I don't have any backups for contacts and memory card songs and videos. Is there a way I can get this back?
Registered Member
rick_rio

I just updated NokiaPCSuite, and all my contacts are lost (E63).

I will never buy a Nokia phone again!