Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E63 won't turn on

E63 won't turn on

My E63 turned itself off all of a sudden while I was using the music player today.

I've tried turning it back on, but all that happens is the backlight behind the  square middle button (sorry, don't know its name) lights up and nothing else happens, even if I hold it down for up to 10 seconds.

The only thing I'd changed was 20 minutes prior I'd changed the clock settings to set 'network operator time' to auto-update.

I've tried reseating the battery, removing SIM etc. Hard reset won't work since the phone won't turn on.

I am using an 8GB microSD card, I've tried the above with this card removed, with no success.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: E63 won't turn on

try the last option, you will lose data but might revive your phone and read carefully this you do with the phone turned OFF 

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for ALL operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone (out of the box, tho keep in mind that most newer nokia phones at least n series, e series and s60 based phones have udp - user data preservation so not ALL data may be lost. still it is a good idea to always do a back up of your stuff.)

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. )

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance. 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

> If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance.

Looks like I'll be doing that :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

i would suggest you try few more times with the option number three. do not let go of the buttons until you see the nokia handshake screen. if you have tried several times and nothing, yes the only option is to take it to nokia care sorry mate.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
urs_bestpal

Hi Adamcf,

I have had the same problem exactly, hard reset didn't either work.

Were you lucky enough to resolve this, if so pl. guide me

thxn a ton!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@urs_bestpal:

Hi mate, if you have tried everything thats possible to try on your "dead" E63 of what's written above and still it won't come on (removed battery for 1 min, removed msd card etc), you will have to visit a Nokia care point.

Btw, you never know but if you take a look at the OP's post, it was written and posted in 08.2009. The adamcf hasn't been online since 28.08.2009 so I think it's highly unlikely that you will get an answer from him, and by what's already mentioned by radical24 and adamcf, I think he had to take it to a NCP. :smileyhappy:

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

You can start out here to find your nearest care point: http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Good luck
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Orozer

[ Edited ]

Perhaps your Nokia E63's battery lost charge, the same situation which you have described occurs when there is no battery life left within the E63 (I know as I also have a Nokia E63).

Try inserting the charger and turning it on from the main plug, thus charging the phone's battery. Whilst the battery is charging, you can hold down the "End Call" button to turn the device on.

If no avail, then try charging the phone after taking the battery out for 1 minute. Still no change, then you should contact Nokia Care or get a warranty (if still within the time period).

Best of luck.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Good tip Orozer, you never know if one has checked that. If the phone has been totally discharged please do what's mentioned above, but let it charge for a little longer before turning it on.

I did empty my N97 totally once and I had to charge it for about 10 mins before it would actually turn on. Tried turning it on right after connected to charger, but it died during boot. It just hadn't enough juice.

Anyway, if that doesn't solve it, you will have to visit a Nokia care point.
Please use plain text.

Hi all,

My case turned out to be the same as Fender77's. I had completely emptied it and needed to charge it for quite a while until it would even turn on.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

There you go, you never know! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KramVonYuri

My phone has the same issues. However, even the battery won't show up when recharging. Only the D-pad backlight is on. What should I do?

Please use plain text.
soheunna

[ Edited ]

this problem also happened to me, only the d-pad backlight is on... are you guys already solve yours? how?

Please use plain text.
antonioap

I had similar problem 2 days ago. My E63 can't startup ... When connected to the charger the center button light is on and screen keeps changing from a dark light to off. I would appreciate any solution.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
justps2

thank you so much for this solution, the last one worked for me!!! thanksss!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brodieal

I sorta have the same problem......

The difference is that when I plug it in a quick flicker of light from behind the D-Pad is visible then it goes completely black after that. How do I fix this??

Please use plain text.