Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: E66 - Incoming name or number of callers not d...

E66 - Incoming name or number of callers not displaying

Hello,
I just bought a nokia e66 2 days ago and it worked just fine until today. The problem is that whenever someone calls me the phone doesn't display the name or the number of the person who's calling. It's funny cause it shows the picture of the person calling.... i mention that i verified for duplicates and i don't have any. My sim card is new (from october 2008) so i don't think this is a problem, anyway the phone numbers are stocked in the phone's memory and not on the sim card. I am very upset with this issue because i was very happy with my new phone and now i am a little disappointed but hope this problem will be solved as soon as possible.
Any suggestions?
Professor
bhumbro

Re: E66 - Incoming name or number of callers not displaying

firstly i wud suggest u to get in touch with your service provider and see if nothing is wrong at their end.......

check with any other sim card if u can

this also cud probably be a case of a bug in ur device so what u can try are: plz make a back up

take out your sim card and put in *#7780# to restore factory settings. you should not lose any data, but all settings will go into default. try that first.

the second option is a reset *#7370# this one will erase all of your data, 'wipe the phone clean' and restore to factory settings. see if any of these options work and if you are able to use your phone as you like/need to.

the third option U can go in for a hard reset which will turn ur device as it left the factory totally new

U can also update/reinstall ur firmware and see the result...

Also use ur device without the memory card and see

in case of ur memory card there are different options available to you to get rid of the corrupt/unwanted data in your card.

menu--tools--memory---options---format memory card......
remember everything including ur factory installed apps will be deleted......... but u can always download them later either from nokia or google them...

or insert ur card in any reader or laptop and check for virus and also the hidden folders.......
Articles posted courtesy engadget

keep us updated about the progress.... if u like wat I have to offer then click on khudos.
Registered Member

Re: E66 - Incoming name or number of callers not displaying

It seems Nokia forget the basic purpose of mobile phone- it is not making photos, listening radios, watching movies, searching the Internet. It is talking to each other.

And from the very beginning, seeing the caller number and assocciated name was the most important feature called - phone book.

I am bussiness user, and E66 was supposed to be bussiness phone. But now I have to repair my 1781 contacts from Outlook to be able to see who's calling me?? And SIM contacts that are with me last 10 years, 8 mobile phones and four SIM cards, now cannot be viewed without given exact order. No duplicates, no 00, no spaces in number, international format.....

IF there are duplicates, they still refer to SAME contact. Phone should choose one of them and put say, "?" beside the entry. How many contacts have similar phone number and different name? None.

This is BUG. Nokia should repair it.