Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E66 battery upgrade

Registered Member

E66 battery upgrade

This phone is receiving great reviews with one exception BATTERY LIFE. What are the chances that an E66i may see the light of day with a much better battery on board ? I don't want a QWERTY phone but then I don't want a brick in my pocket. Guess I will have to downgrade to an E51 which is still a great phone but pity all the new bang and whistles of the E66 are lost on a poor battery. Hope someone listening.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: E66 battery upgrade

The chances of an E66 with a bigger battery are pretty slim.

The biggest cause of a fast draining battery is a weak 3G signal. If you don't use 3G you should disable it and see a massive increase in battery life.

I live and work in poor 3G signal area's and have to disable it when I don't need it.

Other factors affect battery life too so you should make sure that you disable bluetooth and wi-fi when you don't need them.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i agree on this, best phone by nokia but bad battery life. NOKIA PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT....!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I just fail to understand the logic behind marketing a great phone with all the latest technology only to then recommend everyone to switch nearly everything OFF in order to save battery life. No sense whatsoever. If Nokia can squeeze a 1500 mAh battery in a 10cm thick E71, surely they could hve got something better in the E66.
Please use plain text.