Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 Charging port

merr3301

E7 Charging port

[ Edited ]

My E7 is 6 months old. The phone has not been damaged in any way but the charging port is faulty. I have tried different chargers and the same problem, , you have to wiggle the lead to make connection. Vodafone told me that this would be a wear and tear issue and therefore not covered under warranty. RUBBISH I say! If it has worn out then the phone is not "fit for purpose" I have spoken to Nokia who have advised me that they are seeing a problem with the charging port on a small number of the E7's. Nokia need to make Vodafone aware of this issue and Vodafone need to start listening to they loyal customer of over 20 years!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Nokia should fix it under warranty and you should let vodafone see this thread.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
teresaa

Hi there, I was just wondering if your phone still works because the same situation is happening to my phone and I don't know what to do. Did you go get your battery change or did you go to the Nokia service centre?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ful_spain

That exactly what is happening to me. My E7 is 6 months old. I live in Spain. I don't know what to do. The charge port is failing in original charger, so I bought another one and I have first of all plug the wire to my mobile and later plug the charger into the socket. And it runs but just a provisional solution. Data wire is no longer running. That is a problem of design. Nokia company must solutionate this. En Español. Tengo un problema con el cargador de Nokia E7 así como con el cable de datos. Creía que era mi problema pero al ver los comentarios sé que es un problema gordo en el diseño del aparato.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jammerhead

Same thing happend to me, but I used my insurance to get another one from esecuritel for $125. Not inexpensive but I am happy I got a new replacement not a refurbished replacement. I owned the first one for 6 months and it started not accepting the charger and then totally no charge at all. So far I have had the new one for about a week, works great, hoping for the best.

Please use plain text.
dublinjoe

I had the same problem, took it to Car phone warehouse for repair as it was less than 6 months old and was told it was due to were and tear and it would cost £87 to repair, I ended up claiming on my insurance

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lara7705

I have the exact same problem with my E7 and unfortunately there would be no point me showing this thread to my phone shop as they support me. It's Nokia that are refusing to honour the warranty. I'm in the process of trying to get Nokia to reverse their decision and it isn't looking good. When I pointed out this thread and the other threads to them I was told this discussion board means nothing. I was actually threatened that I could be charged with defamation of character if I joined these discussions
Please use plain text.
Advisor
flake

Just to add to the discussion, my E7 is also having the same problem. I am going to NC tomorrow and see what happens. I found a 'sweet angle' that works everytime when charging, but I can't move my phone or it would prompt Unsupported USB..... then USB error.....

Interestingly, a Samsung data cable I borrowed from my wife is more form fitting to the E7 than the connector of the E7 charger itself. I use this more now when connecting to PC. I guess the manufacturing quality for Nokia has gone down a bit. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
karim_mohamed

Kindly go to the nearest Nokia Care Center , I am sure that you will hear a good news and they will fix it to you if there is no Misuse
If I've helped in any way, a click upon the white star at bottom right of screen would always be appreciated.

However if my answer also solves your problem clickingbelow it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
kerizmatic

HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY e7. AGAIN NOKIA SERVICE says iTS A PHYSICAL DAMAGE ISSUE> IT IS ONLY 6 months old. IS ANYONE FROM NOKIA EVEN BOTHERED?
Please use plain text.
kerizmatic

HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE MISUSED THEIR CHARGER PORT AND IF IT IS PHYSICAL DAMAGE THEN HOW COME NOTHING ELSE BUT CHARGER PORT BREAKS FOR SO MANY PEOPLE AND WHY ONLY WITH e7???????
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

lara7705 wrote:
I have the exact same problem with my E7 and unfortunately there would be no point me showing this thread to my phone shop as they support me. It's Nokia that are refusing to honour the warranty. I'm in the process of trying to get Nokia to reverse their decision and it isn't looking good. When I pointed out this thread and the other threads to them I was told this discussion board means nothing. I was actually threatened that I could be charged with defamation of character if I joined these discussions

Hi lara7705,

sorry to hear about your problems with Nokia Care. Please call Nokia in your country: visit your local Nokia website -> Support -> Contact Us. They should be able to assist you with making a complaint.

I'd like to hear in detail what your local Nokia Care point said about joining these discussions and posting on this community.

Can you email me at support.discussions@nokia.com and tell me more?

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
vandelay

kerizmatic wrote:
HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY e7. AGAIN NOKIA SERVICE says iTS A PHYSICAL DAMAGE ISSUE> IT IS ONLY 6 months old. IS ANYONE FROM NOKIA EVEN BOTHERED?

Hi kerizmatic,

if you are not satisfied with the verdict of your local Nokia Care point, please contact Nokia Care in your country and discuss this with them via phone or email. They are the best people to assist you.

Visit your local Nokia website -> Support -> Contact us to find the details.

I wrote all my posts from 2005-2011 as an "Admin" for this community. I still work for Nokia as an external consultant, so my rank in all posts is now "Employee".
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lara7705

BE VERY CAREFUL USING THIS "SWEET ANGLE" MINE HAD ONE TOO UNTIL IT CAUSED THE METAL BRACKET IN THE CHARGER PORT TO COMPLETELY DETACH ITSELF AND IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS NOW WITH NOKIA BEING RELUCTANT TO HONOUR THE WARRANTY YOU WILL HAVE NO HOPE THEN. NOKIA WILL TELL YOU THAT IT WAS CAUSED BY 'PHYSICAL DAMAGE' COMPLETELY CHOOSING TO DISREGARD HOW IT GOT TO THAT!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lara7705

I like your optimism however I don’t think you have read this thread properly – most of us have ALREADY been to a Nokia Care Centre and was told the fault was due to “physical damage”. Now I can tell you on behalf of all the other people this has happened to – this is CLEARLY a design or manufacturing fault. You don’t experience this kind of thing with the charger port on your phone unless there is something wrong with it.
Nokia obviously doesn’t want to own up to a problem that has the potential to cost them a fortune in replacement phones. What they haven’t factored in is the fortune it will cost them in lost customers, because I intend to tell everyone I come into contact with for as long as I feel necessary of my experience with the E7 and in particular the so far refusal of Nokia to do anything about it despite my phone only being 4 months old!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lara7705

To Vandelay - I have sent you an email with the details you requested about my local Care Point telling me I could be charged with defamation of character if I joined any negative discussions or posted any of my own on this community.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Thats a bit harsh. defamation of character!

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

To add more color to the problem, this issue is not isolated to the E7:

http://support.t-mobile.com/message/49144

The E73's in question were likely made in Mexico, so I suspect the phones also came from totally different plants.  Perhaps Nokia buys parts like this in bulk and distributes them amongst its global plants, and a batch of USB ports were bad?

Please use plain text.
fozia_786018197

[ Edited ]

Is that even possible?

How can Nokia threaten someone...

I've been told my phone has been Physically Damaged by '3' & if I don't get justice I'm going to cancel my contract with them, sell this Nokia E7 & never buy a phone from them again. There are a thousand people out their who have had the exact same issue as us & yet Nokia has done nothing to help us..

What is Nokia good for?

Absolutely NOTHING!!

I can't believe I bought this phone even though it had so many negative comments

Moderator's note: Foul offensive language removed; trying to bypass filter.

Please use plain text.
sonami

Please use plain text.