Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 Charging port

debmalya

Dear all, my E7-00 has the exact same issue, and Nokia Care refused warranty service.

I wrote to nokia using the "contact us" link, and the reply i received was:-

"Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care.

The Service Request No. is 1-13031745766

This e-mail is in reference to the service provision of your Nokia E7 Device.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. Please be assured that the matter would be looked into on a priority basis.

In response to your email, we would like to suggest you that as we understand that your device has been assessed as physical damaged, please note that according to Nokia Warranty Guidelines, physical damage is not covered under warranty and it may be repaired outside warranty with repair charges. The device would be repaired under warranty provided no physical or liquid damage is found"

I would very much appreciate if you people would sign the petition here:-

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/nokia-refuses-warranty-service.html

Nokia won't help us. All we can do is help ourselves by avoiding future Nokia products, and informing our fellow countrymen about Nokia's service policies, which are ludicrously unclear. A lucky few get warranty service, the rest of us have to pay.

Thank you. And one thing is for sure, i won't USE another Nokia device again, even if they give one for free. The inconvenience and insult of trust costs much more than the cost of the handset. The first thing I'm gonna do after i get my phone back from Nokia Care, is sell it to someone and get myself an Android device. This isn't the first time this happened to me, My last Nokia device was an N97, the sliding lens cover scratched the lens, and Nokia refused warranty service claiming this exact same "physical damages are not covered" thing.

Goodbye and good riddance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AilieBailey

I've had my e7 for just over a year now and this is the only problem with it. A couple of days ago I tried to charge my phone and it kept displaying an error message. I don't know what I'm going to do, I love my phone and now I've got to use a **bleep** old Sony Ericsson :crying:

Please use plain text.
sonofpsion

OK so reading the above posts I won't bother trying to get my E7 USB problem fixed under warranty. And sadly I guess it will be my last Nokia. BUT if you love your E7 like I do - it's a beautiful device in so many ways - then you may wish to try my workaround:

first, you need to know that once this problem starts, some chargers will never work, but others will (I don't know why) eg with the Nokia charger that came with my phone I now just get an error message, even though it works fine for my wife's BlackBerry. But so far her Blackberry charger works for me if I do the following (but note that my daughter's BB charger still never works this way).

So with the charger that my phone will allow, I have to connect the charger plug and than wrap the cable round the back of the phone then over the front - ie so the plug is pulled from the cable end AWAY from the front (screen side) of the phone, and can be left in this position while charging. (I think it is something to do with pin contact maybe - and that's why we get these errors - there is some short circuiting or something going on) You have to do all this quickly, before the charging light comes on, then leave it alone till charged. (If the light comes on before the plug is properly set, I have to switch the phone off and try again). Obviously, don't overdo the cable pull on the plug - I know that one day the pin will break and that will be the end of my E7. And then it will be goodbye Nokia, hello Apple or whoever. I wish it didn't have to be this way.

I hope this tip works for you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Musaristo

I'm in South Africa and I bought my Nokia E7 Last year December.... at first I thought It was my charger because I could charge my phone via my labtop but then It also failed. I took my phone to my customer service last month, they fixed it but it only lasts for two weeks and its the same story again.
Please use plain text.
trucker1967

BRAND NEW NOKIA E7 REPLACEMENT CHARGING BLOCK PORT UNIT CONNECTOR

What you get: 1 x Charging Block Port. £3.35 inclusive of postage

my e7 has again stopped charging , i had it repaired last november ,6 months after getting it through nokia care . and now i sent it back in recently and they claimed physical damage after complaining i sent it back to them again and now they are claiming uneconomical repair , this is still under warranty , above is an ebay item new charger point for e7 £3.35 including postage . HOWS THAT UNECONOMICAL.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
N_E7_user2011

Same thing is happening with my Nokia E7.  It just died yesterday afternoon and it seems like it's not even charging - the light blinks for about a minute or two, and then it just stops (so I am assuming it is not charging?).  I have tried the 8-second hard reset that I have read somewhere around this forum.  I have tried charging it using the Nokia charger it came with, and also the USB adaptor.  It's showing the same symptoms.

The screen also on my E7-00 also froze a lot, (since I bought it last year).  All the problems that I have read around here, seems to be systemic of this particular Nokia brand/model.  I have been a Nokia phone user for the past 15 years or so.  My last one, An N95 served me very well (heavy business use for FOUR YEARS).  I upgraded to this E7-00 and I cannot believe the problems I've been having with it, considering it to be as expensive as it was/is, and that it's supposed to be a BUSINESS / SMART Phone.  

The phone is nicely designed but at this point, I just need it to work!    Is there any other tip anyone can give me aside from pressing the power button for 8 seconds?  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
dodge3421

I've got an E7 and this is the second time the chraging port has failed, the first time the service operator replaced the entire handset when it was just 3 months old, now that it is 18 months old, they don't want to know about it, even though they warrant the handset for 2 years.  I called the nokia care helpline, they told me my IMEI no. was invalid or they had no record of it.  The E7 either came from Nokia or the service provider, in no shape or form has it been stolen, they replaced the unit from their stock.  This time the charging port has completely worn off from the main board, the battery is completely flat, and I can't get any information off it.

It's no wonder Nokia has lost much market share of the mobile phone market.  They're quite happy to sell you the goods, but forget about after sales service.  I'm now left with 6months contract to pay out for a product that's completely useless.  I think this will be my last Nokia product.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Ive had 2 E7's sent in 3 times for this issue to get fixed. The last time I had run out of warranty, and had to can the phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dp357

Like other E7 owners l am having problems with my phone not accepting a charge and a poor

Nokia Care Centre response. About 6 weeks ago my phone stopped accepting a charge and the words saying athe USB was unsuppoted kept appearing, I phoned Nokia Australia who advised that as l was flying out of Australia for 4 months to Indonesia l should put the phone in there for repairs. The following day l put the phone in at the Jakarta Care Centre and was told it would take 2 weeks to fix, 2 weeks later the phone was still not ready and l was told it would be at least another 2 weeks. Eventually my wife received a call to say it was ready, we arrived in the centre to be told it wasn;t fixed and it would be another few weeks. By now l was ready to strangle someone as l had to purchase another phone and we had spent many hours travelling back and forward to the care centre. And to add insult to injury they are saying l will have to pay for the repairs despite admitting it is a design fault. The only bright light is l contacted the Australian Nokia Care Centre and they are chasing up their Indonesian counterpart to fix this problem. I will certainly be re considering what phones to recommend my company purchases.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aicha

I have the sameee prob!!! i luved every bit of this cell phone.. the first time Nokia center did it on warranty n it was right 3 months afte ri bought it.. i wud get *error in usb cable* n then it completely shut,they said they changed the mother board inside...

n then abt four mnths later the same thing stttarted happening n one day the usb port came out...got it repaired thrice now.. everytime it comes back the charging works for  max a mnth n then gone :smileysad:

This time i m jus planning to switch to sm other brand  like apple or samsung.. onestly i loved nokia n m so dissapointed... i even tried searching other models in nokia simlar to this buh well may b its time i shud let go..

I so was looking forward to having something reliable from nokia... iv had nokia cellphones all my life.. though others were in trend.. buh nw i have no choice.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aicha

this poost reminded me of  all the ways i  used to charge.... n everytime i found the charging light lit how my hrt  started glowing...:love:   n i dunno for some reason i adore I ADOREEE this cell phone ,, its model its design everything... n since i have it for more then a year m so attachd to it... its traumatic  thinking of switching to sm other cell :smileysad::crying:

Please use plain text.
wanjiz

I have been having a proplem of charging my E7. My phone is under warranty and i took it to nokia care on 3rd of January 2013 for repair. Since then i have been calling their office but in vain according to them i may not get it any time soon. Am frustrated to say the least.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tokashi_kw

my nokia E7 is seven months old with good condition but the charging port it damaged and its doesnt work anymore and cant be restored.once i gave my nokia E7 to a nokia care store but instead of making it it got more worst its more damaged and cant use and cant make it still.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ngarodd

I just have to add. I love the E7 so much it makes me cry when it comes to the charging port. I live in Botswana, Africa. Has there been a solution to this? I really believe Nokia made a mistake on that port. The small pin charger was quite good, can they not incorporate it somehow! I love the E7 I repeat. I have been a Nokia user since 1999 to date and now I feel it may be time to change, after being told that it was my fault that it got damaged. I have never damaged any phone charging port before, how then!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Supermegaman

Try this

http://unliterate.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/solution-nokia-e7-not-charging-via-usb-problem/

My solution but work randomly, connect the usb cable to computer after that to the phone. The light be blinking and turn off, leave it don't disconnect and don't move, five minutes later the phone self repeat the process five or ten times until the charging cycle will begin. don't move the phone. the only drawback is leave your computer turned on until the battery show full

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
claudio_b_p

I think the problem is that the charging/USB port is not pure micro USB. It is bigger because it has to be connected by the USB OTG adapter wich is totally rectangular instead of a rectangular with two chanfers of the MicroUSB. Maybe sacrifying the USB OTG adapter to use its connector as a charging port this issue could be solved.
Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Wolfgang_Exler

the problem is not the micro USB itself, it's the soldering of the micro USB connector to the mainboard of the phone. I never found a broken connector, only broken soldering are causing problems. And this is not a single Nokia E7 problem, this problem can be found everywhere like e.g. portable disk drives etc.

Wolfgang

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jemmauk

I'm having this same problem or at least the start of it. I've never damaged the phone & I've an E70 that is still working perfectly, at almost 7 years old (still has a better keyboard too). I wonder how happy Nokia would be to shaft their customers if uk trading standards got to look at this thread. UK law for warranty is 24 months Nokia remember that. Oh and while we're on the subject you can count me as another lost customer, last I heard progress meant improvement not constant regression in features & quality.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Dhdhdharani

Plz immidiate go to nokia care
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rosariopasa

Nokia repaired my phone the first time then after few days the problem come back again. Changed many chargers thinking that was fault of the charger, indeed it is the usb port badly solded on the motherboard. Now my phone is not anymore under warranty and cannot repair it. 370 euros thrown away. Will Nokia refund me or will carry on to advertize other **bleep** phone models cheating the future customers? Thank you Nokia but I will not buy anymore your **bleep**ed up phones.

Please use plain text.