Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 Colors - Price reductions

Counsellor
whitelotus

E7 Colors

Is there anyone in all of Nokia who can explain the decision to offer only the silver color in the US? Why not dark grey? The US is the only country in which only one color is offered of the 16 countries Nokia lists where the E7 is officially sold.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: E7 Colors

Maybe silver in only the initial offering. Nokia seem to make limited offerings initially in some markets, later expanding the portfolio.

N86 8mp: RM-485,0590552; Version 20.115 - 6/29/2009. - -- E71-2; RM-357; 0569371; Version 100.07.76 - 6/08/2008.
N8; N900
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Just buy it online. I live in the US and bought my dark grey E7 a month ago online. There are many reputable sites that will send it. Check out Google Shopping. Sears even has it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

Thanks. I am looking for a phone with a US warranty?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

Possibly. It just seems funny that it is officially offered in 16 countries, every one of which except the US offers at least two colors, and some already offer three. Only the US has one color.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

try expansys
http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.expansys-usa.com%2F...

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

Thanks. Expansys does not have a US version, and actually no one does, because Nokia are not offering any color but silver in the US. They have advised that they do not plan to offer any other colors. Crazy. Maybe I can order a case in dark grey from somewhere and swap it.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Be careful. If your E7 is not a U.S. phone, NokiaUSA will not honor any warranty. This means that should your device develop problems with one year of purchase, you are SOL.

N86 8mp: RM-485,0590552; Version 20.115 - 6/29/2009. - -- E71-2; RM-357; 0569371; Version 100.07.76 - 6/08/2008.
N8; N900
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

The E7 was originally listed at $679 on the US store site. Two weeks ago, they had a one day sale for $659. Last week, $659 became the permanent price. Today the price is now $619.

Perhaps if they offered a color other than silver, they might actually sell some. Two price reductions in two weeks would seem to suggest the E7 is not flying off the shelves.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

I know that Nokia employees do read these boards, and that is appreciated. I guess no one can pinpoint where the decision was made to only offer silver in the US. Would that be marketing, product, Steve Elop? Somebody made this decision, but it seems no one will take ownership. I have contacted CC, and their response has been: we have no information. Someone has it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Colour designs for specific regions are often based on market research. Colour range for specific countries is based on brand popularity and whether it's a country that mostly buys phones on or off contract.

In the US Nokia's market share is tiny as they aren't very popular there plus the majority of phones sold in the US are carrier tied and subsidised. That being the case they launch the colour that research shows may be the most successful when compared to competitors products. In this case the silver E7 stands out in a crowd of black slabs from other manufacturers.

It's highly unlikely that any other colours will be released in the US. All you can do is either buy silver, import a black one from somewhere that offers warranties on imports or just choose another brand thats more popular in the US and has a black phone.

Posting on this forum or complaining to nokia isn't going to make them release it.

You could argue that increasing the colour choice would increase sales but in reality it does't work in countries where a brand is unpopular and product not offered by the big carriers.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

Thank you for a civil and rational answer.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

Re: New E7 Color for US - More price reductions

Nokia has finally introduced a second color for the US market. Have they brought the dark grey version? No. They have brought the blue version, and the Amazon price is now $499.

Still willing to pay original retail for dark grey US version.

Please use plain text.