Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E7 Mail for Exchange

Registered Member
jussi_e7

E7 Mail for Exchange

E7 is wonderfull piece of technology. I, however have a problem with Mail for Exchange. After setting up the mailbox it works fine for about a day. After that it does not synchronize the received folder. I can send new mail though!?

Removing and reinstalling the mailbox solves the problem for a day or so. And then again it stops working. It does not work either manually or automatically (scheduled).

Any ideas, please?

Counsellor
abotoporoh

Re: E7 Mail for Exchange

jussi_e7 wrote:

Any ideas, please?

Yes. Wait for the next firmware update and hope for the best.

Employee
svi78

Thank you for feedback.

We have fixed Mail for Exchange (some of) stop to sync issue on software version 014.002. To check the new version is available for your device go to Menu > Applications > SW Update.

This upgrade performs the full resync for your email, contacts and calendar. It takes some time after reboot. You lose your favorites from the Home screen. Add them back after contacts have been synced.

Let me know if this does not help.

martingarner

Thanks svi78, I have upgraded my E7 to software version 014.002 and am sorry to report that it made no difference. The MforE sync stops every other day or so and the only reliable way to get it going again is to delete the mailbox and set it up again from scratch.

In fact it's worse than that - today when I set up the mailbox the phone froze with the new mailbox on the screen. None of the buttons either on the screen or the device would do anything at all.

Eventually I discovered that simultaneously pressing the On/Off button, the screen lock button and the volume button forced a re-boot ... and then it worked ok.

It's definitely not fixed.

Thanks.

Contributor

Installed the new software PR1.1 014.002.263.03.
After the update Mail for Exchange was running perfect for some days but not anymore. Same problem or maybe even worse then before the update.
Opening a mail on E7 will take over 30 sec and makes the phone very, very slow. Have to re-boot many times/day.

Can we soon expect a solution for this major problem or shall we switch to Android?
Employee
svi78

Thank you for your feedback.

Is the MS Exchange server 2003 in use?

Contributor

@ svi78

Yes we are using MS Exchange server 2003.

We are alos facing problems with å ä ö characters. For business mails this is no good at all.

Employee
svi78

I have been told by Product Team that both of these bugs are meant to be fixed on the next major release. The team has not succeeded in repeating them anymore with the new development version.

Registered Member
kissnguyen

Yes. we had the same problem , after flashed new firmware the phones worked for some days and then just stop sync.

erniew2

I have had exactly the same issues with my E7's email syncing. Good for about a day or two then stops. Reloading email accounts again will get it to work once more, but again, only for a couple of days or so and then it freezes up again. I never had this problem with my Nokia Messaging account on my N97. I wish NM worked on the E7, as it would be a definite improvement that the current built in mail client. It's very frustrating. I love the phone, but a "communicator" it is not.

Employee
svi78

@kissnguyen and @erniew2

Nokia E7 version 014.002 fixes the sync issue when using Exchange server 2010 SP1. There is also upgrade available for MS Exchange server 2010 SP1 on Microsoft support site.

There is a known sync issue also when using Exchange server 2003, the sync works a few days and then might stop. The fix will be delivered on next major release of E7-00 (Symbian Anna).

Could you copy the admin_log1.txt file and send it as a private message to me?  Admin_log1.txt is a text file, which you can copy/paste to the email message. You can find the log files in the MailForExchange folder located in the phone memory.

erniew2

I can certainly do that. How do I send you a private message? Thank you!

Registered Member
schetter7

Yep! Maybe when Nokia open the eyes and use an OS for adult people, it works. Up to E7-00 I never ever regret about Nokia. But know, unfortunately Nokia is over.
tonyc99999

Guys - I think you will find there are 2 problems in this discussion not just the sync issue. 

Problem 1 - the sync stops working after a few days

Problem 2 - the phone syncs properly but then will take 2 mins to load an email and then take 2 mins to load the reply or 2 mins to send the email. 

This is happening on my phone and my friends E7.

I am thinking of going back to me N97

Contributor
kittop

sometimes exchange freeze up on my e7 when the box is pretty full.

I clean up the box and restart the e7, (not the hard one) and everything is solved.

Never had this problem with the e75.

My darling Anna,

I hope you help me out with all the nonsens, and come finaly out of the closet.

tonyc99999

Guys the new symbian anna software update and the latest version of software fixes these issues.

Registered Member
john45

Just got my E7 yesterday and downloaded Anna and sadly it is has made no difference. Mail just hangs in the "sync" mode. Every time I check mail is starts downloading again from 2 months ago!! Can anyone help me to find the setting to stop this?

Contributor

I have just got a E7 and have done all the updates and am finding that the exchange works for a period and then stops.

On my N97 there was an area that you could see what exchange was doing, ie connecting, Syncing, unable to connect, Etc and there was a log of the movement, where is this in the E7?

Thanks

bystander

I am having the same problems with my new E7 and after 20 years + with Nokia I reckon I am about to give up. Email on my phone is essential for me as I travel lots and need to stay in touch. My old E71 was brilliant and I wish I had perhaps just gone to an E72? I have tried the old power cycle trick (turn it off and on again) and set up mail again but no luck. It works for a day or two and then just stops syncing and the phone generally just seems slow.