Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E7 Nokia Suite in PC is not recognizing the phone

Contributor
shendritt

E7 Nokia Suite in PC is not recognizing the phone

Hi,

I've had this problem for a while now and its frustrating !!

Nokia suite wont recognize my phone, i can only access mass storage.

I uninstalled it and did a fresh install, nothing changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: E7 Nokia Suite in PC is not recognizing the phone

Hi Shendritt,

Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

Could you try and go into control panel and device management, please remove the E7 device profile.

Once you have removed the device profile please replug it into your PC via USB and let the drivers reinstall.

Also if you have not already please download Nokia Suite from the Nokia website.

If it still does not recognise your device, please perform a soft reset on your device using the code *#7870# security code by default 12345 if prompted, this will not delete any of your data, however it will reset the phone settings to as they where when new.

I hope this helps!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shendritt

I tried to reinstall all the drivers and it did reinstall them but nothing changed. I open Suite and no phone found.

I'm trying to soft reset from the settings, reset to factory settings but 12345 wont work as a security code ?! 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

I assume you checked to see if Nokia suite was selected as active on the phone?

When I had this problem what sorted it out was to uninstall Nokia suite, connectivity cable driver, PC connectivity solution & the Windows driver package - Nokia pccsmcfd (if you have this) then reinstall Nokia suite, unfortuantely for me I had to do this regularly until I stopped using the included usb lead & began using the one from my N97, had no problems after that & since upgrading to Belle I can now use the E7's usb lead with no problems.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Goddie

How can i instal the software so that i can connect internet via usb
Please use plain text.