Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E7 - Power Surge on USB hub port

Idragonflyer

E7 - Power Surge on USB hub port

I updated my Nokia E7 on sunday the 8 April 2012 with the new Belle OS! Straight after the update my pc gave me an error with my USB ports! The error is "Power Surge On Hub Port" A USB device has exceeded the powerlimits of it's hob ports! I have reinstalled my usb drivers, bought a new connection cable & have tried starting the pc with the phone connected already! Please help for i now can not Sync my phone with Nokia Suite!! All help is welcome!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

Re: E7 - Power Surge on USB hub port

Just to be clearer is this a usb hub or are you connecting directly to the computer? If a hub what happens if you connect the e7 directly to the computer? If you connect directly to the computer does the phone connect in Nokia suite or appear under My Computer? What happens if you connect another usb device using the same port?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Idragonflyer

I connect directly to the computer! If i connect It i get the power surge immediately bubble! I used to get the Nokia suite! I can connect anything else It works perfectly! It's only with my phone! It knocks out all my other usb device's!
Please use plain text.
Sage
Doctor9fan

I hope you find a solution.

I wouldn't think removing Nokia suite & all the other Nokia components then reinstalling would fix the problem which is a shame as that usually fixes many phone/computer connection problems.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
sonofpsion

I don't think it's to do with Belle - I am still on Anna and I have the same issue. I think it is a hardware issue with the USB charging port on the E7. It also affects my charging - my Nokia charger never works anymore - I just get a USB error on the phone. My wife's Blackberry charger works, but only if I quickly wrap the cable round the phone so the USB plug is pulled away from the front (screenside) of the phone. You have to do this quickly, before the light comes on. By this method I can even connect to the USB port on the computer, but it's a bit hit and miss. I have read elsewhere that the USB port is dodgy on many E7's. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Idragonflyer

Thank you for the info. I think that We then should then send in the phone's So that Nokia can fix the problem with the usb port! I'll be sending my phone in within the next two weeks! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.