Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E7 Problem

Counsellor
apache12

E7 Problem

Currently I have several problem with my nokia e7

1) When receiving the message, the notification keep blinking. After off/on then it will back to normal.

2) Sometime the touchscreen start being crazy, when i touch the icon on home screen, it will suddenly go for edit home screen. I need to press it hardly to open the application

3)also happen when typing a message, it will change to number rather than alphabt that i want to type. and when i touch the backspace button, it hang on  that and delete all my msg

4) when i unlocked the phone using the button beside, it still locking my device and i need to press the unlock button twice

5) I cannot close my application through task manager, and sometime the notfication appear "disk drive error"

6) My device sometime heating in inactive mode and yesterday I smell something from my phone

7) totally lagging at this moment.

8) Suddenly off and sometimes keep restarting and the phone become blank

Fyi, i just used it for normal call and checking my office email. Never test the hdmi, camera or other features atm.

Go to the shop that i bought, they told me the need to do software update, but all my application already up to date.

Anyone can suggest me something?

Sage
seppuku

Re: E7 Problem

1) When receiving the message, the notification keep blinking. After off/on then it will back to normal.

It should blink until you read and dismiss the message. Not after that.

2) Sometime the touchscreen start being crazy, when i touch the icon on home screen, it will suddenly go for edit home screen. I need to press it hardly to open the application

The harder you press the more it goes to editing the home screen. A light tap is click, tap-and-hold is edit.

3)also happen when typing a message, it will change to number rather than alphabt that i want to type. and when i touch the backspace button, it hang on  that and delete all my msg

That's not normal. Are you sure you haven't selected all before backspacing?

4) when i unlocked the phone using the button beside, it still locking my device and i need to press the unlock button twice

It needs to be operated firmly or twice to get it to unlock sometimes, I can confirm that.

5) I cannot close my application through task manager, and sometime the notfication appear "disk drive error"

Which application? Are you sure it's S^3 compatible?

6) My device sometime heating in inactive mode and yesterday I smell something from my phone

7) totally lagging at this moment.

8) Suddenly off and sometimes keep restarting and the phone become blank

I think you need to take the unit to service. This is not normal. 1st check that you don't have apps running in the background that may have caused this.

Since 1610
Counsellor
apache12

It should blink until you read and dismiss the message. Not after that.

i think there's is the misunderstanding here. The notification is not that icon, but notification that i need to select show message. It keeps blinking when i received a new message.

The harder you press the more it goes to editing the home screen. A light tap is click, tap-and-hold is edit.

The problem here is when i just tap it, it will go for editing home screen. it seems that its stuck of my first tap.

That's not normal. Are you sure you haven't selected all before backspacing?

Yes, it also happen when i try to tap another alphabet, sometimes its becomes number 0 sometimes it auto backspace.

It needs to be operated firmly or twice to get it to unlock sometimes, I can confirm that.

I confirm that i unlock it firmly, cos when i unlock, screen will appear from the saving mode

Which application? Are you sure it's S^3 compatible?

sometimes all application, most notable is battery monitor. all application is downloaded from ovi store. And fyi, i didn't explore enough my phone at all, since i just used it for call and read my office email.

and today its become more worse. Keep restarting when i touch the application and sometimes stuck at the startup page. And the worse case is data disk error. go to the shop that i bought, he said that is becos my phone software is not updated. That's totally nonsense. 

Professor
bazyeo

I would suggest you do one or all of these suggestions.

First back up your phone using ovi suite. Then on the phone dialer type *#7780#.

The phone will switch off and restart. After the phone restarts test  it out to see if the problem is fixed. Have you installed any apps on your phone? If so it could be one of these that could be causing the problem.

If the above does not work take the phone back to the shop you bought if from and ask them to swap it. Stand up for your rights if you have to.

If you do not have any success there take it to you nearest Nokia Care Point for service and ask them to reflash the firmware.

Counsellor
apache12

I already done a hard reset twice.. and the problem still the same.. and maybe even worse..

Went to the shop that I bought, they said nothing they can do.. they said my software is not updated, eventhough when i bought it, i found out they already update my phone earlier before i bought.

Today, went to nokia care centre, if problem still persist, where should i request to change for new one? the shop or at nokia care centre?
Mobile Sensei
carman58

When you dothe hard reset , do you restore a backup from the phone ? If so this could be the problem, if there is something causing the issues , a full restore would 'restore' the problem. When I do a hard reset, I ONLY backup Contacts, Calendar and Notes , NOTHING else, if that is the way you've reset it then you need to vist Nokia Care again, if not, backup Contacts, Calendar and Notes only then Dial *#7370# followed by 12345, and the phone will be wiped, both C and E drive, everything will be gone except the OS, you will then have a 'Virgin' phone, which you will have to set up manually.

Good Luck 

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Counsellor
apache12

i see the problem when the first hard reset. i reset everything including the software I downloaded. Second reset, i restore my contacts (since i need to make a call) and the lagging issue still happen.

Already send to the nokia care. will see what is the main problem. hopefully not hardware problem

Counsellor
apache12

Guess what? Nokia care told me that my E7 has a motherboard and battery faulty. They will not replace with new one but will wait for the stock of motherboard to arrive. This totally **bleep** me out..
Contributor
stephen27

Really there is a moterboard problem with the phone?  I am having the same problem you are having, what is the fix?  I have relaoded Bella and problem is still there with the screen freezing up and locking up. Please someone help!!