Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E7 cannot send email attachments...

Counsellor
gdavidf
Accepted Solution

E7 cannot send email attachments...

All this was functioning perfectly just two days ago...

My E7 has stopped sending emails with attached files.

Emails with attachments sit in outbox and get the "Unable to open while sending" tip when I try to view/edit the email.

AFAIK, nothing has changed in terms of my setup as the E7 recieves emails with attachments, sends emails without attachments. I can't seem to find any in depth settings to do with server ports and such within the mail settings anymore.

Changed with Anna install?  (Australia Vodafone)

Regards,

Dave

Former Psion 3a-5-5mx & Psion netbook (Symbian) user who had an E63, E71
Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Try deleteing the mailbox and setting it up again, also clear the cache on the phone, if all else fails a reset would resolve, but would only use thet as a last resort, also is your phone running the latest software ?

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Delete mailbox and re-create = same issue> fail

Clear cache; done= fail

NokiaCare phone rep "enter this *#_ _ _ _#" code, "No you will not lose anything" = FAIL

Nokia care shop rep; "Oh,  random. lets try the same file"= fail

Nokia care shop rep; "Oh,  random. lets try sending a picture file"= PASS

Nokia care shop rep; "Oh,  random." Well, you can leave it here (but we will reset to factory), or you can find what other files send and let me stew on it for a few days...?"

Sends pdfs, jpgs, an zips. So I gues I'll just haveto zip my 30K document my "Buisinss mobile" can't send as an attachment...

Dave

Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Uninstalled most recently added apps, mail still very flaky. Some send, some don't...

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

What sort of mail account is it.  pop3, imap4, exchange etc.

what size attachments work and what size doesnt

are you connected to wlan, or 3g/2g etc when sending. does it change if you one service or the other.

going thru a VPN etc.?

And have you tried just holding the power button down for 8 second till you get 3 buzzes to reset and then restart the phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

TBH, I'm not sure (given there are no mailbox property sheets I can find in the Anna OS). Though I wonder what bearing that might have give my ISP told me there had been no changes to their email server settings and it was working just days ago...

Seems the fault is intermittent as we've managed to send jpgs up to the 4meg limit and pdfs around 800k but my docxs from cutebox/dropbox fail always (so far)...

3g fallback to 2g and the active connections dialogue show transmission of over the amount required for the attachment...

No VPN.

Done the reset plenty of times and th *#8070# hard reset (after being told it wouldn't affect my settings. :smileysad:

Painfully, this last week has seen my most critical need for sending attachments in recent weeks and the E7's mail application failing me miserably. At least with the last implememtation I could change server ports and security and such...

Frustrated....
with thanks and regards,
Dave
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Starting to think it's a OS corruption issue and wil probably take it into NC AGAIN for a restoration

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

I can send email (with attachments) from both other accounts on my phone but not my primary account. I can collect mail with attachments using that account. **bleep**?

Tried deleting the mailbox then 3 beep reset befor reinstating the account mailbox.... No good. Sick of the amount of time this phone spends getting repaired/reset/rebooted. Just when it seems to be running as advertised it develops another fault, USB port will be the next one no doubt...

Frustrated...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Bit the bullet on weekend... :smileysad:

1. Restore to Factory settings
  2. Restore data and apps to phone
  3. Confirmed working...
Please use plain text.