Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E7 won't charge. Help!

Registered Member

E7 won't charge. Help!

Help!

I have 2,5 weeks old E7. First time it turned automatically off during a call since, I guess, the battery was empty. I started to charge the phone but it won't start charging.

The white led light close to the USB charging port blinks for while, stops blinking, starts again and finally won't blink or lit at all.

Have tried the same procedure many times, long periods, also with computer USB cable, but the result is same.

The phone is now completely dead and doesn't react anything to on/off button.

Any tricks to wake it up? Or should I return it to service/shop?

Going for holidays onerseas on Sat for a week.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: E7 won't charge. Help!

You can try to long press the powerbutton. First it will buzz ones (or should) then keep holding it down and it should after about 5-8 seconds give 3 short buzzes. Release the power button and press it once more to boot it.

If it does not start, I suggest you either take it back to the shop to ask for a replcament or help there or take it straight to a Nokia care point.

There are a hard reset method which can be done to try to boot it when it obviously won't, but with this release fw, the hard reset deletes or corrupts some qt releated stuff on and deletes ovi store, maps etc. Maps will install again, but Ovi store won't as it is QT based. So to get that back, you will have to visit a Nokia care point for a total reflash.

The NCP I went to in Norway - Oslo, used 1 day on fixing it as it was the first E7 they had seen.

If it won't boot it might be some other issues related to hardware and it might take longer time.

Anyway, see if you can managed to boot it by long press power button as mentioned above, or you will have to take it back to the shop or straight to a NCP.

Some here has gotten a response from Nokia saying that to reflash after a hard reset is not a warranty case and you will have to pay for the fix, as it is not a user approved action yet.

However, my device crashed and refused to boot and I was forced to do this. I got the E7 reflashed on warranty as it wasn't my fault that it crashed.

Good luck!
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks Fender77. I ried the boot but no help. Have to visit NCP to get it fixed. 4 stars to you!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

No problem mate. I hope they fix it quick. Hopefully this will be a one timer. When it works, the E7 is fantastic. Good luck:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
E7boot_failure

E7 won't start

My E7 has for the last couple of days been rebooting on its own, however today it shut down and is now stuck in a boot cycle.  It starts the boot up sequence shows the Nokia sign for about 15 seconds then restarts the boot sequence again.  Can anyone advise how to fix this.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: E7 won't start

Have you tried the 8 second press of the powerbutton untill you get 3 quick buzzes? It should turn it completely off. If not you will have to let it run out of battery. However, I would visit a Nokia care point with it anyway to get it checked.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kj1991

8 sec press works for me.  and I normally get strange restart behavior when connected to USB.

Please use plain text.
E7boot_failure

Thanks for the response.  Yes I tried the 8 second power off routine but didn't solve the problem.  I left it in the boot sequence last night so that I could run the battery down.  It should be flat sometime today, however already looking for the waranties for return to shop

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AndreaMC

no comment !!

My E7 1 month new phone this night didn t charge

The battery now is zero and it doesn t charge

no way to charge it even with 5 seconds and 3 bis switch off....

NO COMMENT !!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

If it refuses to charge no matter what you do, you will have to visit a Nokia Care point.

To find your nearest care point, start out here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AndreaMC

thanks I will.....   :crying:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

No problem. I know it's frustrating, but hopefully the care point will sort it out quickly!

Wish you good luck!
Please use plain text.
yhalous

I had The same problem, during a call The mobile get off although The battery was OK; I thought that The battery get empty and I need to recharge it. Usually I am using The electricity charger, The small white led beside The USB get blinking too much and finally it stop without any indicator that The mobile is being charged or not. I have tried The USB connected to The computer but since The mobile is off already The Computer couldn't recognize The mobile connected to it and no charges happened. I don't know what do to get The mobile wakeup again especially that I have bought The mobile from gulf and I am now in Egypt. The idea of having The battery inside The mobile set is not helping and I don't know how Nokia is calling this Mobile a business mobile while having such defects that is completely stopping The phone and hence my business. I hope that anybody can help me resolving this issue please.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AndreaMC

Dear all,

they said a BUSINESS PHONE.....

I said after 15 years I am using Nokia's Communicatore phones since the first...STOP NOKIA !

I bought it on May 2011 immediately it was on the market and after few days once in the morning the battery was not fully charged and once gone to zero it never restarts !!! And as it was new I didn t do a back up losing all datas I transfered from old E90 !

I took to Nokia assistence and after 20 DAYS !!!!! and they say "business phone" !!! correctly you said and I say "STOPPING Business phone" because I lost all datas and so much time !!

They changed the electronic of the phone without telling me if they changed the battery and NOW after 10 days.....AGAIN THE SAME PROBLEM !!!!

I paid 619 euros for it and I took again to Nokia just for guarantee and they will keep me informed.....   :crying:(  but it was full of this problem....Business phone !?!??!?!

Actually I will wait for it but will not use it and keep just for secondary phone.......I would not buy it for secondary phone BUT I can t imagine reinstalling all "apps" and datas and in 2 weeks having the same....

Big question WHAT to BUY ??!?!

Or new Blackberry 9900 BUT they postponed the seller date on october because they are not satisfied and frightened from Apple....

OR IPHONE (even if in 4 months Iphone 5 will be sold) 

IPhone I thought too lady phone but at the end it is fantastic even without keyboard

Please use plain text.
yhalous

I don't know what to say, I can imagine the frustration that you do had, but in my case the mobile is completely dead and I am not even able to open it to fix any thing or get my data (new contacts, and urgent SMS, my sons Video,..Etc)

I went to NOkia Care in Cairo and they have asked me to pay for about 120 USD just to install the Software; while the problem is in the power. How come they will upgrade the Software without having the mobile get on? if they are capable to have it on then I can take care of the software part!! and why they are asking for this much of money for the software?

I don't know what to say really for a big rich company like nokia to provide us with such technology and after we got stuck with it they ask for money for something even doesn't relate to the problem, either they have a big problem in their mobile set production specially with the new mobile generation and in this case they should provide me with a new one with apologies or they are hiring a not qualified people to sell their products and collect money.

I need some one from nokia to help me resolving my E7 Problem or return me my money back.

I think Samsung SP2 is a better choice as well as Iphone.

Do you think that I can build a case against Nokia Company, if they didn't response to my call and complains?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
coffee_jellly23

Hi yhalous,

For assistance about any unresolved concerns or complaints about your device/your recent experience at our local Nokia Care Point, we highly recommend that you use the "Contact Us" link at your local Nokia website or get in touch with your local Nokia Care Line. Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards,

coffee_jelly23

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
momara

Hello all,

I bought the E7-00 25 days ago. I was very impressed with the gorilla glass and features of the phone. However this didn't last long. After just 16 days the phone stopped charging and it stopped accepting USB connectivity. It's been in repair for a week now. I called up Nokia care asking for a replacement due to the extreme case and the fact that this phone is supposed to be top of the line... but their reply was that i have to accept a repaired phone !!! ... i can't tell you how angry and frustrated i feel but i am sure it's my last Nokia

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tshenu

I have the same problem on my E7, the charger port is somewhat not durable so it is damaged and it can't charge because the is'nt electrical connection between the device and the charger. I suggest you take you phone back to repair centre, as we all nokia probability of them giving you new one are slim, though they will tell you that the'll call you when done with it which is a pain in the a**
Please use plain text.
houssamassad

I have the same problem with my E7, I've bought it from Duty free shop in the UAE with warrantee covers only the UAE, now I'm in Swiss stuck with a Mobile that wont work, I don't know if I can send it to Nokia center in Swiss.

Kind regards to everyone

Please use plain text.
houssamassad

Hello every body,  finally some good news,  Today by miracle I've put the phone again on the charger (this time by USB cable), yes yes it started to charge as if nothing happened before.

Still need to say that this is the 2nd time it does the same (hunger strike) to be frank I don't know for how long this will go on before it collapses again. But my advice from may experience is to keep on trying to charge it from different locations and different means (charger or USB cable).

GOOD LUCK

Please use plain text.