Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71-2 "software already update to date" when i...

Advisor

E71-2 "software already update to date" when its not?

[ Edited ]
I got an unlocked E71-2 from amazon new, i know the latest firmware is out but it keeps saying mine is up to date, how do i install the latest firmware i have 100.07.76 they have a newer version out, but the stupid software doesn't see an update for my phone

How can i fix it?

the software updater says E71 (RM-357) is already up to date firmware version 100.07.76

Current: 100.07.76
Update: 100.07.76

so no update option?

Message Edited by digitallysick on 27-Dec-2008 07:44 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: E71-2 "software already update to date" when its not?

Please use plain text.
Professor

you have a misunderstanding !!

The software isn't stupid at all , it's totally correct

Updates are available for certain phones bought from certain locations .

For example , a phone bought from Dubai can get an update , but another bought from Europe can not get an update.

Wait till Nokia makes an update for your phone , however you may not get one , but this is unlikely for new phones , you might face this case after multiple updates .

That's why when you check for updates thru Nokia official web site , they ask you to inter your phone's IMEI number , not simpley the phone model ! make sense right ? :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

the fact that some us e71-2 phones can get the update and others cant is a bit off
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

well the firmware updates are region and product code specific, and that only applies to phones that are unbranded/unlocked. firmware updates are released within lets say months of each other, the bigger issue is with the 'rest of the world' phones and NAM phones, those get their updates with ridiculous amount of delay.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Advisor

In the hope that Nokia reads this...

I also have an E71 from Amazon - no firmware update is available. I have been waiting for the firmware update so I can use my bluetooth car kit again. Serious pain in the butt - the firmware update is supposed to fix it but I still don't see it for my version.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I also cant update from 100.07.76. May be it is the right firm ware for the UK Nokia E71 :smileyhappy: I would like to get animated icons. This '3' disable the animated icons. :smileysad:(
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I got rid of the phone, sold it, its useless. The OVI store is an epic failure, and the camera was horrible. It had a lot of potentional, but sadly, I'm washing my hands of nokia, I shall never buy another nokia phone unless they decide to run android or come up with a better symbian
Please use plain text.