Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E71 Bluetooth modem driver for Windows

Contributor

E71 Bluetooth modem driver for Windows

Hello,

I am not successful in being able to use my Nokia E71 phone as a bluetooth modem for my Windows XP SP2 Laptop.

I was able to do this easily in the past with no problems with my Nokia 6233.

I can't seem to find the Nokia E71 Bluetooth modem driver for Windows anywhere ?

I tried using a "GENERIC" bluetooth modem driver but every time I try to connect I get an error msg "The Dial-Up Networking connection failed: Out of memory"

I know from the past this is usually a bluetooth modem driver issue.

Can anyone point out where to find the E71 Bluetooth modem driver for Windows XP ?

Thanks
Avi
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: E71 Bluetooth modem driver for Windows

Hey - Drivers are for download from Nokia Site

http://europe.nokia.com/A41073165

Please use plain text.
Advisor

No luck guys. I am getting errors in XP SP3, screenshots attached. First image is when I install after device is discovered in windows. Second is when I attempt to install through add / remove hardware in control panel. Using "NokiaE71BT.inf" downloaded from the Nokia site in both instances.

Installing after detected by Windows

When installing through add / remove hardware

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same Problem with Vista. 3 uncompleted driver as "Bluetooth Periphal Device". Maybe the *.inf files need some DLL, but I haven't found anything on the origin CD or on the Nokia HP.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

avinor wrote:
Hello,

I am not successful in being able to use my Nokia E71 phone as a bluetooth modem for my Windows XP SP2 Laptop.

I was able to do this easily in the past with no problems with my Nokia 6233.

I can't seem to find the Nokia E71 Bluetooth modem driver for Windows anywhere ?

I tried using a "GENERIC" bluetooth modem driver but every time I try to connect I get an error msg "The Dial-Up Networking connection failed: Out of memory"

I know from the past this is usually a bluetooth modem driver issue.

Can anyone point out where to find the E71 Bluetooth modem driver for Windows XP ?

Thanks
Avi
Did you try using Nokia PCSuite. The E71 is compatible with Vista and XP, so you don't really need extra drivers.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Todeskult

Hi!

Do you have Vista x64 installed? I've read somewhere that some bluetooth dongle drivers aren't working properly or cannot be installed at all on 64-bit XP & Vista systems. BTW, I have the same problem :/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gdavidf

Where have the drivers gone? I can't find any, this self service customer care really lacks anything of use...
Former Psion 3a-5-5mx & Psion netbook (Symbian) user who had an E63, E71
Now an E7 casualty remembering the 8 replacement Nokia Orange (or was that Lemon?) 2140's I had in 1996...
Please use plain text.