Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 Caller Id problem

E71 Caller Id problem

I know everyone's posted replies on the same topics.

But I've tried everything it said, and I'm still stuck!

Whenever anyone calls me, it just says "call". It doesn't even show up with the number.
It's quite annoying because I'm using this for work, and to not know who's calling, it's really frustrating!??!?! (Plus i can't avoid ppl i try to aviod)

can anyone, anyone at all help me?!?!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: E71 Caller Id problem

either people are ringing you on withheld number or check with your operator

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.

i'm pretty sure they're not calling me with a withheld number..
i may have to ask my service provider as well...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hello buddies...

I'm having "almost" the same problem, when I get a call(with an sms is the same problem) I just see the number that's calling but no detail of the contact (Yes, the contact is stored as a contac in the contact list and the number is the same, I've tried with the international number and with the local number from the operator) but no detail, just the number... Can it be a bug?.. any "service pack" to fix it?.. I have updated the tirmware but the problem is still there.. :smileyfrustrated:

Any ideas will be apreciated.

thx in advance.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re:E71 CALLER ID FAILURE!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

DID YOU FIND A SOLUTION TO THE CALLER ID PROBLEM WITH YOUR E71. THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME TWO DAYS AGO AND ITS KILLING ME!!!!! ONE DAY, THE PHONE IS FUNCTIONING FINE, THE NEXT, I DONT HAVE CALLER ID AND IT JUST READS "CALL" FOR EVERY INCOMING CALL. I HAVE ONLY HAD THE PHONE FOR TWO MONTHS AND HAVE ALWAYS HAD GREAT LUCK WITH NOKIAS IN THE PAST. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fdilbar

Re: Re:E71 CALLER ID FAILURE!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Go to settings > phone > call > send my caller ID > make it Set by network, if this doesn't effect, contact your network support and ask for caller ID activation if its off.
Best Regards,
Faisal Mohammad
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

Try these short codes to check your CLI for incoming calls:

Incoming CLI Presentation (you see the caller's number)
Allow: *30#[GREEN CALL KEY]
Prevent: #30#[GREEN CALL KEY]
Query default: *#30#[GREEN CALL KEY]

So if you want to check if incoming call numbers are sent, type in *#30# then press green it will tell you if the network is sending CLI to your phone.

If it is not then type *30# then press green call key, and it will activate it.

Some networks may not support the function. I tried it on mine and it works just fine.

Shunts...
I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I was having the same problem. I changed from a Nokia 6110 on Optus to a Nokia E71 on 3.

Even though I transferred all my previous contacts (whose caller IDs showed up, with no problem) my new phone would only show incoming calls with the label 'Call' (no caller ID or name drawn from my contacts list - not even the number) and therefore would not acknowledge any of the personalised ringtones I had set for my contacts.

I had also set my own Sending of Caller ID to Set By Network, which didn't appear to fix it.

I knew I didn't have any duplicate contacts in the list, so it was a frustrating problem!

This post did help, though. Calling *30# didn't work, but calling *#30# at least told me that caller IDs weren't being sent with incoming calls. So I phoned 3 and they were able to acknowledge the problem and then activate this feature for me (I never imagined it was something that needed to be activated, but anyway!) They said it would be ready within 4 hours, and as a result of the activation, my personalised ringtones would also start working.

I hope that helps some people out there - I thought I was going mad, and spent hours combing through all the settings options on my phone, convinced I was missing something!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also had this problem with my e71. Mine is a company phone so it was very frustrating not knowing who was caling me. I phoned Orange customer service and they corrected the problem in less than a minute. They sent me a service update via sms, had me turn the phone off for 10 secs and then back on. Problem solved immediately!

I was going nuts checking through the manual, then checking if I had duplicate entries etc. I'm assuming you could get the same resolution from any network provider.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rrafat

I tried all the suggestions on this site (including calling Call Centre), but nothing helped. Call Centre confirmed that my Caller ID was turned on, the phone had the right settings, etc. - but I could not see phone number of anyone calling me!!

Hope somebody can help me! Very frustrating, as I am using my Nokia E71 as business phone. It worked the first month, but then I could not see who is calling.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
geekchick23

[ Edited ]

Mine's finally FIXED!!!! Check your phonebook for all "(unnamed)" entries and delete all of them. i.e. E71 for some strange reason creates duplicate entries of some phone numbers that you have in your phonebook and names them "(unnamed)"..

When searching for "(unnamed)" make sure you start with the open parenthesis then type "unnamed" with no quotation marks and then close parenthesis which might not be necessary but type it in anyway..

Another way of finding the "(unnamed)" entries is to press the phonebook icon and scroll up. Hope that makes sense! Then delete all of those entries.

Try it and please let me know if it works! It worked for me and my friend's E71 phones!!!

It click to me when the person whose caller id stopped working actually called me and my phone displayed "(unnamed)" calling.  So I checked to see if I had an entry called "(unnamed)" in the phonebook.  I found it and deleted it.  The next time he called, his name finally came up properly!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cidalia1973

None of these suggestions are working for me either.  I have no duplicates in my contacts list.  When someone calls, there is nothing displayed...no name, no number.  When I dial out, same thing.  Nothing displayed for contacts on my list.

My phone was working fine until I did some sort of sync with PC Suite.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

contact operator and ask them to turn on caller id

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

also check that the gsm time is set to correct zone

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
geekchick23

This problem only happens when duplicates exist..

I found another way of finding the duplicates.... do a search on the exact phone number under the Search function.. you will find 2 or more in your contacts list

Can someone try this please?

and p.s. to the poster above.. the problem is NOT THE CALLER ID FUNCTIONALITY OF THE NETWORK... stop thinking that this problem is THAT simple!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
geekchick23

you'd think that by this time, we already know that your suggestion is the first port of call... prob is not THAT simple!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

no need to so cheeky it wont get your far here my post is relevant it may not work for you but for others there is always other solutions if you had of searched here before coming in here ranting on you would see a thread for duplicate entries
and how to remove them
ITS THAT SIMPLE

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
geekchick23

I must have hit a nerve "mobileguru"? your suggestion is most elementary. End of discussion.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
geekchick23

Read 3 posts above this post of yours..... by rrafat!

Try this convo: "My mobile caller i.d. isn't working and I've called my network provider and caller i.d. is activated and working fine on their end but the prob still persists"

MobileGuru: "contact operator and ask them to turn on caller id"

PURE GENIUS!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

fyi sometimes they dont get this right and have had to try many times
again if you bothered searching this site you would see its not the users fault but the operator

LAST WARNING tone the attitude down

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.