Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 Camera feature not supported

Registered Member

E71 Camera feature not supported

I receive this error when I try to open my camera. I try to make a video call and it's working too so now my both camera not working please i need hard support from NOKIA
Please use plain text.
Professor
bhumbro

Re: E71 Camera feature not supported

[ Edited ]
this probably is a case of a bug in ur device so what u can try are: plz make a back up

take out your sim card and put in *#7780# to restore factory settings. you should not lose any data, but all settings will go into default. try that first.

the second option is a reset *#7370# this one will erase all of your data, 'wipe the phone clean' and restore to factory settings. see if any of these options work and if you are able to use your phone as you like/need to.

the third option U can go in for a hard reset which will turn ur device as it left the factory totally new

U can also update/reinstall ur firmware and see the result...

Also use ur device without the memory card and see if the camera works and if yes then
in case of ur memory card there are different options available to you to get rid of the corrupt/unwanted data in your card.

menu--tools--memory---options---format memory card......
remember everything including ur factory installed apps will be deleted......... but u can always download them later either from nokia or google them...

or insert ur card in any reader or laptop and check for virus and also the hidden folders.......

Message Edited by bhumbro on 04-Jan-2009 10:20 PM
Articles posted courtesy engadget

keep us updated about the progress.... if u like wat I have to offer then click on khudos.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

how can i reset my hard ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i forget to tell you this problem happend before i update the firmware and after thjis too so i think i dont need to rest for setting or format by codes like you said so what can i do now.i tried already remove memory card and the same problem

really i need solution
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
igiqr

I have the same problem as you do. 

I tried with the firmware update since I needed to do it anyway, but that didn't solve the problem. 

I will try the method for returning settings to default, and later (if that doesn't work) wiping all data. Stay tuned for results...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
igiqr

1. I entered *#7780# to restore factory settings, but i was asked to enter Lock Code? I found on the net that the default Nokia Lock Code for S60 is 12345. After this I was able to successfully restore my E71. 
On restored device, camera would turn on when you press the (under screen on the right) button. The sign "Camera: feature not supported" would NOT show, but the screen was dark - and the controls for the camera were available. When I would press the center joystick button, there would be a moment of blink but no picture.
Restoring to factory settings does something, but it does not resolve the issue.
2. The reset *#7370# 'wiped the phone clean' and restored to factory settings, but the result was same as above.
3. I did the HARD RESET using these steps:
1) Hold down the green call button, the * key and the 3 key.
2) Press the power button while still holding the three buttons in step 1.
3) Once the phone boots, you can let go of the buttons and go through the set up wizard and set up the time and date.
Still the same result as above...no solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xholdx

I am having the same problem. Is it due to the firmwware ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Sharkey12

This happened to me too. I had tried the last 2 firmwares, still same issue. I just noticed that it happens if the camera app is left running in the background after some period of time. I also remembered one time a 3rd party app that uses the camera caused this error msg so I uninstalled the app. I tried various resets but  it still happens so I guess it is a firmware designa bug or something.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OVADOSE

guys I think this happens because falling of phone. I dropped my phone on floor which is N81. I tried to open my camera after 3 hrs. But its giving error feature not supported. I doubt it happened because of dropin down.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pramod11rana

igiqr wrote:

I have the same problem as you do. 

I tried with the firmware update since I needed to do it anyway, but that didn't solve the problem. 

I will try the method for returning settings to default, and later (if that doesn't work) wiping all data. Stay tuned for results...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
slick12

I've got the same problem.

First I got the black screen and could access the controls but can't see anything. Now after rebooting it says

Camera: feature not supported.

The phone is now a few years old. Might just be old age?

It has the latest V6 firmware.This feels like a hardware problem to me.

I wasn't quite ready to buy a new phone yet. I like the GPS... and the camera takes OK photo's... but not brilliant ones. Does quite good video though. Like the new touch phones... but was hoping to buy Nokia.

Last time I had a problem it turned out to be moisture in the phone... but this time the phone hasn't been anywhere near anything wet.

Anyone got to the bottom of this yet?

:-)

The butterfly effect
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NativSarussi

I have the same problem, i dont have black screen, i tried replacing the camera chip but it still won't work
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2_blue

I just updated my phone with the latest firmware and started having this issue of "Camera: Feature not supported" Before that it was working perfectly. I have done all the resets and reinstallations. Didn't work. Anyone with any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
camerafuture

i also update my nokia firm ware software. but problem is still. ame.
Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

> take out your sim card and put in *#7780# to restore factory settings

no idea why the SIM card should be taken out before doing *#7780#. Is it a must??
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi camerafuture

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

Try one of these :
1- some reported that removal of the battery and the sim card from the phone for sometime and then restarting it solved the problem.
2- a corrupted file on the mem card maybe causing the problem, remove the memory card, restart the phone, and try using the camera, if it started normal then , you have to format the memorycard.
3- a recent corrupted file was installing an application, if you have installed anything just before this problem started , remove it and try the camera.
4- reinstallation on the firmware .
5- the usual common answer go to nokia care point

Sourcehttp://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/N81-camerea-feature-not-supported/m-...

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ayonpunom

its ur casing problem. i also faced this problem. but when i fixed my casing tightly i can see that my nokia e71 camera in a working condition.

thank you.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.