Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 Flash Player Download

Advisor
olly7339
Accepted Solution

E71 Flash Player Download

Please can someone advise me on how to download a mobile phone version of Flashplayer to my mobile that will then let me watch things like Channel 5 on Demand.

I am trying to watch things like CSI on my phone and wanted to know if this was the best way to go about it (for free) and if there is a cost for downloading the correct flash player to view programs like this etc and which version of flash player I should download anyway?

Another question while I am on - why do so many people appear to go for Firmware updates & upgrades when there appear to be many posts that report nothing but trouble when this is carried out. As a consequence I have not "updated-upgraded" any of the original software from purchase (Nov '08) and al works fine, no screen freezing etc. What is the benefit of a firmware update-upgrade?

Many thanks for any helpful replies.......:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: E71 Flash Player Download

The E71 already comes with a built-in Flash Lite player. Flash Lite v3.0 according to:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/E71

There may be newer developer versions available from Adobe, but they do not come with a browser plugin, and cannot be used as the default .swf file player.

In my experience (I've used Nokia GSM phones since 1994 and the 2110), firmware updates generally fix bugs and in some cases even add new functionality and in my experience updates generally improve the situation rather than cause trouble.

One of the reasons that may have kept my phones out of trouble has probably been:

- I format the memory card (or secondary mass memory) before updating the firmware

- I do a *#7370# manually and immediately after a firmware update (just in case)

- I do not restore backups after a firmware update (I use other means to save contacts, calendar, and manage my photos, music and application installation files separately).

In any case, if your phone works for you, don't upgrade (if it ain't broken, don't fix it).
Please use plain text.
Advisor
olly7339

The process I have followed is just to search through Google on my phone and to see if I can then view Demand 5. The reply I get and shows on the phone screen is that I do not have Flash player installed which creates a bit of a mistery as you say that it should have a light version already available - what should I try next?

I have not touched any of the existing factory set programs, hence the question.

I am not a heavy user so an upgrade or update is not required and I totally agree "if it's not broken don't try to fix it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Note that Flash Lite is a subset of "full" Flash on PCs, so many web sites do not work because Flash Lite isn't fully compatible.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jayalal

virus infection flash playar damage.
Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

@ jayalal

Duh!, Last reply to this topic was OVER TWO YEARS AGO.

Please check before you reply in future.

Oh, And your reply is slightly bordering on scare mongering. 

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

olly7339 wrote:

Please can someone advise me on how to download a mobile phone version of Ballplayer to my mobile that will then let me watch things like Channel 5 on Demand.

I am trying to watch things like CSI on my phone and wanted to know if this was the best way to go about it (for free) and if there is a cost for downloading the correct flash player to view programs like this etc and which version of flash player I should download anyway?

Another question while I am on - why do so many people appear to go for Firmware updates & upgrades when there appear to be many posts that report nothing but trouble when this is carried out. As a consequence I have not "updated-upgraded" any of the original software from purchase (Novo '08) and al works fine, no screen freezing etc. What is the benefit of a firmware update-upgrade?

Many thanks for any helpful replies.......:smiley's-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhattkanchha

I have e_72-1 mobile.my flash player do not work correctly.i know how?because video song i can not down load.so how can i down load new flash player.give me suggestion .or this mobile has a technical problem?if like this problem coming next generation will not buy e-72-1 mobile.any sugestion .
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

The E72 was introduced in 2006, so 6 years ago. It hasn't been made or sold for at least 2-3 years now, as far as I know. So, it is also not going to get any more updates.

I don't recall that it had any kind of Flash Lite support (less "full" Flash), so if you wish to get a phone with the best Flash support for web sites, then the model with most complete support is the Nokia N9.

Other Nokia models have just various versions of Flash Lite (which is not fully compatible with full Flash on PCs), or no Flash at all all (as in the case with the Windows Phone models, Lumia 610, Lumia 700, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900).

Please use plain text.