Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71 HTML Mail for Exchange

Accepted Solution

E71 HTML Mail for Exchange

We're coming to the end of a 6 month evaluation of the E71 as a potential standard for our organization.  The device is superb in every aspect but one.  Unfortunately the one is lethal and as a result the standard will be 'Something Microsoft based'.

HTML is increasingly the standard for email delivery and the fact that the E71 cannot properly handle HTML when connected directly to MS Exchange has really surprised and disappointed us.

So close and yet so far :-(

-- martin

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Considering that Nokia sells the E71 as a "messaging" phone, its handling of email is not very good.  The Nokia messaging programs works better than the default program, but it has its own series of problems.  This is my first Nokia in more than 10 years and appears to be the last one I will get.  The E71 is so good is so many ways, but just fails miserably in others.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Unfortuantely, posts like this are all too common on Nokia forums.  Nokia are also unfortunately being very quiet about this.

The E71 is a great phone, advertised well, specs look amazing, positioned as a blackberry beater, but in reality is a blackberry "wannabe".  Email is worse than "not very good"- with V2.9 mail for exchange there is a large amount of people with connectivity issues, rendering the phone useless for push email.

Unlike you I've had Nokia's for over 10 years, and sadly this is my last.  I am now deciding on which blackberry or HTC device to get instead.

Please use plain text.

I've also only owned Nokia phones and have promoted them heavily to all who listen.  Is there really no way to get Nokia to do something about the problem?

This reminds me a lot of Digital Equipment Corporation in the late eighties -- great product but deaf to a changing market -- didn't survive.

Have you considered the iPhone?  Integrates superbly with everything!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sadly, I don't think Nokia are too worried.  They have our money now.

I had looked at the iPhone- a little big, and I really need something with a QWERTY keyboard as I send (or try to!) dozens of emails a day from a mobile.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

So, I finally took the plunge and am now the owner of an HTC touch pro.

After spending a couple of days abroad and using this to catch up my emails in the airport and out and about I can only say what a breath of fresh air compared to my old E71 for mobile functionality.

I get good, decent HTML emails without having to buy an additional application, my calendar works properly, I can see who sent me the invites, activesync STAYS connected, USB charging, sub folder support...the list goes on!

It is somewhat sad to move away from Nokia, but I sent two emails outlining my concerns and a formal letter to Nokia UK all without a reply.  Running a customer service and deliery team I know how important it is to look after customers, but it appears Nokia doesn't work to this ethos.

I voted with my feet.

Please use plain text.

Sad to say, but as soon as my contract ends I'm heading the same way.  Such a pity because the phone really works.  How can Nokia be so dumb!?
Please use plain text.
Sage

My E71 is my last Nokia too. I just don't trust Nokia's software policy anymore.

They have a perfect Mail for Exchange client integrated in the E75 and E72 but refuse to release it for phones already sold.Guess they want to pull our money again .. and make us buy the new phones while the 'older' are not even a year old.

In these days .. a policy like that is NOT DONE. Look at Apple .. releasing OS 3.0 for 3GS as well as the older 3G .. at least .. they care. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rafaelconverso

my last Re: E71 HTML Mail for Exchange

As my last attempt to keep Nokia as a possible brand for my future mobiles, I just downloaded the Mail for Exchange 3.0 to my E71 and it didn´t work with HTML. I just don´t understand why so many mobiles can have a HTML support and my E71 doesn´t. Bye bye Nokia, welcome iPhone...

Please use plain text.
snataraj

Re: my last Re: E71 HTML Mail for Exchange

Just now i have installed MFE 3.0. No HTML support for my E71. But Nokia is wrongly claiming .MFE 3.0 has HTML support...  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
saquib_maniar

I think its about time to say Bye to Nokia. I was a Nokia addict, since the past 12 years. 

But sadly, there are better and fully functional (pun intended) Smartphones in the market, who mean it when they say they deliver 'ALWAYS ON' email to your mobile. Nokia is the last to go for an update to the latest messaging solutions.

They come up with so many Support and App Websites for the same functionality, that they themselves get confused, what to update and where, and why was it created in the first place. 

I suppose the cheapest, unbranded and unheard-of mobiles these days can sync email, contacts, calendar, tasks seamlessly to the device, without a third party app in between to do the missed out portion on the Nokia smartphones. That's why they're so popular....

Seems like, Third Party apps started working on 'HTML emails for E71', months before Nokia decided to make a 'Nokia E71'.

Its your flagship model, guys, show some respect. 

Please use plain text.

Hi, I just upgraded to MFEv3.0 for the long awaited HTML support but can't find it?

I have a E71 and as much as I like for personal use it if it isn't going to do HTML soon then business requirements will force me over to Blackberry too.

Anyone know how to switch on the HTML functionality or was this a mistake by Nokia Marketing??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pgohctoon

I returned to Nokia recently with the E72. Sadly, HTML is not supported. I read that Roadsync does it but we have to pay. Tried the trial version but it could not sync..

Its really sad that Nokia does not engage their faithful customers and stubbornly silent on this issue. Me thinks that Nokia considers the business user market to be "fish meal" rather than hamburgers!!.

They loose market share for being so apathetic to customers and then start suing other makers for infringement ....there's better money they???

Please use plain text.

Apparently HTML is only supported if you're on Exchange Server 2007 or newer.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Max7419

I use Nokia more then 10years but I E7 is my last phone from Nokia. I cannot understand Nokia to produce search kind of bad phone. My phone is one year old but touchscreen doesn't work proberly. Mail for exchange, which I need for my profession, doesn't work and no support from Nokia.

I cannot understand NOKIA. Looks they won't sell phones anymore!

Please use plain text.