Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 - Maps crash after update to 3.04

Counsellor
anan5002

E71 - Maps crash after update to 3.04

Hi,

I just update my Ovi Maps to the latest version - v3.04. But now when i open the Maps application, the phone will crash and restart itself.

Regards,
Anandharaj
www.raj2u.net :: E72-1 | RM-530 | 023.007
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anan5002

Re: E71 - Maps crash after update to 3.04

Does Nokia will produce crash dump report for analysis? Now i have revert back my Ovi Maps to v3.03
Regards,
Anandharaj
Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

the version of maps on your device E71 is a reduced version of the original, so am guessing the new maps 3.04 hasnt been made compatible with your device yet, so rolling back like you did should be the way to go
Please use plain text.
Sage
OzRob

AFAIK Nokia have not yet released a version of Maps 3.04 that is compatible with the E71 and other FP1 phones. Where did you get your copy?

If I've helped you, you can thank me by clicking the green 'kudos' star on my post. Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hhassan30

@anan502 - and what made you decide to load the 3.04 version? I can only see the 3.03 being FP1 compatible. does the 3.4 say FP1 in the file name? no -

Nokia E65, E71-2 (30) [410.21.010 RM-357]
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the same problem with E55. I suppose the update should be suitable for E55, because I found it in the phone under Software updates (or something like that; my language is Finnish).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anan5002

Ops, its a typo... it should be E72.
Regards,
Anandharaj
Please use plain text.
Contributor

This should help: After installing the update, go to Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings > General >

PositioningPositioning methods. Turn off Wi-Fi/Wlan (or something like that in English).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anan5002

@hvitie

You are absolutely right... after turn of the Wifi/Wlan setting, Maps working as normal.

Why Nokia introduce something new which is not usable? I guess now Nokia should spend their time to fix the bugs and improve the performance all...
Regards,
Anandharaj
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ienax_ridens

I've an E55, but the fix is the same...deactivate WiFi/LAN setting... There was moths that I try to solve this problem! Gooood! Thanks

Please use plain text.