Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: E71 Memory full

Contributor

Hi folks. Yes I had the same prob. Tools, setting and then memory full. Took it back to store. The guy turned it off took out the battery and sim, put it all back together, and said there you go, it's fixed! I said I could have done that and that it would happen again, he said if it did, bring it back. What a gum boot! Anyway, no help from him. I deleted lots (about 900 items) fom my bookmarks and three weeks later, the problem appears to be solved, no more memory full. Don't ask why but it worked for me. Good luck.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi all. Today I've got my phone completely replaced. Now I'm again a happy owner of 128Mb RAM :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

heybarty

I know that I have misunderstood your post cos I thought you said you deleted 900 (web browsing?) bookmarks from your E71.

Dare I ask how many you have left?

Sivart
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

same problem happened to me 3 times!!!
n every single time i had to take ma phone to nokia n had it fixed.
n they help me reset ma full system. 
So everything is gone!!!
apparently its because I download games n apps for the phone n it has bugs.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Can moderators STOP marking these issues as "SOLVED", please?  Nokia needs to ACTUALLY correct some of these issues.  
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

im sure they dont bother solving this problem because it happened to me for the third time already and there is no real solution to it unless u hard reset ur phone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

The real solution is to get rid of the e71, I suppose.  Maybe a firmware fix would work, BUT HOW WILL WE EVER KNOW IF NOKIA DOESN'T UPDATE IT'S e71-2 FIRMWARE?  

Actually, it sounds like the problem is still present for people outside North America who got the recent firmware update, so we can only hope the new e71x users complain loudly enough for Nokia to fix these issues for everyone.

Such a disappointment!  (And to throw my hat into the conversation at hand, this "memory full" issue happens to me about every other week.  Delightfully frustrating.)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Seem similar of /discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&thread.id=33000

Hello, We're experiencing same problem in testing a java application we built time ago and never had problems on other Nokia devices (i.e. navigator6110).

We just upgraded our brand new E71-1 FW to 300.21.012 and have same strange memory problem. Does not seem to be related to java heap space, in fact a memory monitor keep signaling very low memory usage (700Kb in total memory Runtime.getRuntime().freeMemory() and about 150Kb of free memory Runtime.getRuntime().freeMemory() ) .

Our application is using HTTP connection quite intensively making POST to a web service every 5 minutes. After about 5-6 hours it come out that error "an unhandled exception occurred" followed by the "memory full" error. then application blocks and need to exit with hangup button.

We keep investigating on other devices if it behaves similar or if using WiFi instead of GPRS changes something.

Our suspect is that java VM or lower symbian level has the memory problem instead of application.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

My E71 developed the dreaded "memory full" problem after I set up my e-mail account with my broadband provider. It was occurring every time I logged onto e-mail or internet, but Menu-Options-Memory details showed plenty of memory. It hasn't occured for a while, since the following:

• corrected a wrong e-mail user name
  • turned off automatic retrieval
  • deleted the few dozen e-mails I had, including some photos that may have taken up a lot of space in the e-mail cache 
  • deleted all texts, including some photos
  • turned off automatic bookmarks.

I haven't done a reset.

It seems as if e-mail and/or texts and/or browser have a limited amount of memory allocated, and fill up too easily. I wonder if there's any way of increasing the space allocated, or moving it to the memory card?

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

When you get it back, try installing applications only on the memory card. And with you sms, messages do this: Go to Messaging/Options/Settings/Other. Set Number of saved msgs. to 999. Change Memory in use to Memory Card.
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for the tip, Archie. Have done that.

Actually, my problem hasn't recurred since I uninstalled my Orange Search app ~ which is disappointing since it came from the folk who sold me the phone!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shaxxberuang

Thanks to this post. I just realized that my E-71 can only keep up to 25 messages. Deleting all the messages from SIM solved the problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi, I also have an E71. I notice it starts at about 30mb when looking under 'office' and memory details. Slowly this keeps creeping up and is now at 80mb. A few months ago I got the out of memory message, tried to upgrade the firmware which failed and the phone reset and went back to 30mb. I have checked and now I am at 80mb.

I use Nokia Push email and wondered if this was keeping the emails somwhere but am at a loss of what to do. May be I just have to resign myself that every 5 months I need to reset my phone!

As anyone had any more ideas about this memory problem. I use google maps, Fring now and and again, push email phone and text. 

Cheers

jlo31

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jogiirox66

Thanks man... it worked for me :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Does anyone know if Ovi and Mail For Exchange installations on phone memory could be causing this?

Where does Mail For Exchange store emails after sync? Is it where it is installed??

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Here is what I did....

I had installed some uncertified themes on my memory card. I removed those. I also had Nokia Messaging installed on my phone which was continously online. Apparently I found out that this error started coming up after I set the messaging app to online mode for more than 30 minutes. Setting it to offline and restarting the phone resolved the isse.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I also deleted some of the voice clips and videos that I recorded which were stored on the phone memory.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Stevie63

I have followed these instructions four times already and it works for about ten minutes and then I get the Memory Full message all over again.

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

I have a piece of software on my E90 called DrJukka --- google it, or see if it's in the Ovi store. When you get it, use it often to clear cache: Y-Browser/C:/cache. In addition to this, you like to remove the battery for about a minute after heavy browser/net application use. Works for me. ;-)
Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. Thank-you Nokia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
banquo

Hi, I know this is an old discussion, but my company has just provided me with a new E71. I am a complete novice, so it's only been used for phoning (an old fashioned concept, I know ) and SMS messaging, so no downloads, and nothing else of interest. Today it beeped and showed 'memory full' after receiving a text message. I was pretty surprised at that, as there aren't many saved messages in there, but I deleted about 20 messages, but it's still the same. Every few minutes it beeps, and flashes 'memory full'.

Any ideas what's wrong, and how to fix without radical changes?

Please use plain text.