Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E71 Network Access Problem

Registered Member

E71 Network Access Problem

My E71 stop having access to GSM networks irrespective of SIM card inserted. It is able to search and discover all available networks but does not connect to the network whose SIM is inserted.

Can anyone advice please.
Professor
thundertiger

Re: E71 Network Access Problem

Only thing I can think of.. is that maybe the phone is set to use UMTS only and not GSM?

Try looking under:

Menu / Tools / Settings / Phone / Network

And see if the option for Network Mode is set to GSM or UMTS or Dual Mode.

If it is set on UMTS try changing it to GSM and see if it will then connect to the network. The Dual Mode option should allow it to switch between the two automatically. I prefer setting my phone to GSM as it will help save on battery power.
E71-2 Grey Steel
type: RM-357 code: 0569371 FW: 410.21.010
08-02-2010 Nokia E71-2 (236.06)

I have the exact same problem. It started yesterday afternoon (2010-01-9). I have tried selecting only GMS and Automatic or manual network selection. And diffrent SIM-cards from diffrent service-provider (my phone is not operator locked). Didn't work with any SIM-card.

I think this might be a firmware issue. I'm running version 3. I havn't tried upgrading to the latest firmware but will do so today.

Everything else, from GPS to WLAN is working just as it should.

I have now upgraded to version 400.x firmware, but it did not resolve my problem.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Make sure the SIM card is properly inserted. Check the connection pins. Take out the memory card to test. As a last resort you can reset the phone: *#7370# 12345 reformat, you will lose all data.
‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009

Hello!

Using  *#7370# 12345 to reformat the phone did not either help. It still only says "SIM card registration failed".

SIM card placement, and connection pins are all great. I also tried starting the phone without the memory card, but to no luck.

Thanks again

Mobile Guru
hadimassa

I that case, you have to bring in your phone and SIM card for service.
‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009