Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E71: Stopped receiving email notifications on home...

Accepted Solution

E71: Stopped receiving email notifications on home screen

I am not getting any email notifications whatsoever on my E71 homescreen, I only have my gmail account setup on imap. But all I get on the homescreen is the small @ on the upper right hand corner. And I have done everything, gone into personalization and enabled email notification 1, set the email notification to gmail, and set up new email alert to 'On' in the email settings, I've even done a hard reset. But no luck. What gives, I used to get email notifications then it just stopped.
Please use plain text.
Professor
twopuds

Re: E71: Stopped receiving email notifications on home screen

Have a look in the active standby plugins and enable the email plugin.
Menu/tools/settings/general/personalisaion/standby mode/active standby plugins.
Please use plain text.

I figured it out, my email account was gmail set to imap, when you setup imap as well as automatic retrieval the phone downloads your entire inbox, so if you have thousands of messages in your inbox like I did, the phone gets overwhelmed and stops displaying notifications on the main screen. When the went on and archived all my old mail on gmail, the problem was gone.
Please use plain text.

im having the same issue... i dont get the sound notification on new emails received. I only get the @ sign on the home screen.

I tried everythiong but i cant get it  to work. Im using google apps with IMAP4.

Can someone help me pls?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dizzzy3

I joined this forum just so I could post this: Thank you very much for sharing this solution. Archiving is the answer!
Please use plain text.