Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71 : equalizer does not function when listeni...

E71 : equalizer does not function when listening with headphones...

there is a bug in the latest update of E71, my equalizer worked perfectly with headphones with the previous firmware, but after updating to the latest version its not working with headphones. Though it works without the headphones connected. Can anyone provide a solution? Thanks, Saber
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lucianmobile9

Re: E71 : equalizer does not function when listening with headphones...

i just realized i have the same problem. when listening to music the eq does not have any effect. nothingn happens when i select different eq presets nor when i create a custom preset.

now this is bad!

cheers
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

I was really surprised to find out how stupid the nokia support people actually are... check out youself, i inquired about the problem and what reply they provided.... its funny...

From ext-custservicebd@nokia.com To
[email address removed]
Date 16-Oct-2009 13:00

Dear Mr. Saber Ahmed

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

In regard to your enquiry, we would like to advice you please listen music without headset to check equalizer is still persisting issue or not. However, if still same issue persists please reboot the phone. Go through the steps to reboot: Switch off the phone pull out back cover & remove battery, sim card. Leave them 10 to 15 minutes. If not resolve the issues please try with factory restore settings from Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Factory settings > Key in Security code (12345 if not change). Finally, if fail to resolve the issues we would like to advice you to book your phone to any of our Nokia Care Center for the physical assessment. 

Here we furnish Nokia Care Center location. Please visit below link: 
http://www.nokia.com.bd/get-support-and-software/repair-and-recycle/care-center-locator 

You may like to visit our website at www.nokia.com.bd for more information and support for your Nokia device. If you have further enquiries, please write to us again or contact Nokia Careline at +8801819200077. We operate between the hours of 8.00am and 7.00pm, seven days a week.

Kind regards,

Faruk
Nokia Careline

Do you know you can now update your phone software at your own convenience? Visit www.nokia.com.bd/support to check if your phone model is supported and download the "Nokia Software Updater".

[THREAD ID:1-3X5ICA5]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 16/10/2009 04:07:58 AM
To: ext-custservicebd@nokia.com
Subject: WebForm Automated Email

[Email address:email address removed]
[Salutations:Mr.]
[First name:smileyfrustrated:aber]
[Last name:Ahmed]
[Country:BANGLADESH]
[Language:English]
[Gender:M]
[Contact topic:Nokia devices and accessories]
[Contact subtopic:smileyfrustrated:upport]
[Message:I have updated my nokia e71 to the latest firmware update 300.21.012 using nokia software updater. but now when i use music player with head phone connected, the equalizer settings does not take effect. i can change the equalizer settings but it dont give any differance in headphone sound... please specify how to resolve this issue... ]

[Phone model:E71]
[Mobile: Phone Number removed]
[Province:]
[City:]
[IMEI: IMEI number removed]
[Product code:E71-1 (27)]
[Operator:]
[Operating system:]
[Web browser:]
[Online shop order number:]
[Product software version:300.21.012 ]
[Maps application version:]
[Navigation licenses purchased:]
[Map data installed:]
[User ID/user name:]
[Service name:]
Moderator note: E-mail address,Contact number and IMEI removed.
Message Edited by wildreamer on 22-Oct-2009 11:30 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm also using nokia e71 and suffering from same issue. Also 3rd party applications' equalizers don2t actually work (guess because it's based on standard equalizer.) But when it's on speakers, they work just fine.

Are there any solutions for this issue? Or will this be fixed in next firmware?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Sage
hooker1uk

i find on the three uk firmware if you turn the loudness and stereo widening off

does help, as widening makes it less aparent. (a LOT less) :0)

Anna/Belle handsets : E6-00
s60 handsets : E71 grey steel, 6700slide Purple
s40 Handsets : Nokia C3-01, 6086, N6300.
JesusPad2 16gb, booklet3g (32gb ssd upgrade) eeepc701SD (64gb ssd) bauer mini laptop (32gb ssd)

Kudos is Nice - please. Pass it on, you'll make a geek happy
@hooker1uk (as a blogger my words do not represent the brands i work with unless stated otherwise.)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

@hooker1uk - it doesn't work here, on us software update,
Please use plain text.
Sage
hooker1uk

oh funge - sorry it did'nt work for you hopefully there will be a patch or something for it :smileyhappy:

i have been playing with this and discovered the bundled e71 headphones were equally rubbbish with the equailiser, could it be the "headset" profile is modified to EU's standard with reguard to handsfree kits and their volume, meaning they will always sound the same?

my skullcandy bins sound so good, and the EQ works great on them, but sounds like there flat on my handsfree

i have a new headset coming from nokia this week (Nokia Stereo Headset HS-16 ) as a replacement to the skullcandys (i prefer to keep them for my decks 

Anna/Belle handsets : E6-00
s60 handsets : E71 grey steel, 6700slide Purple
s40 Handsets : Nokia C3-01, 6086, N6300.
JesusPad2 16gb, booklet3g (32gb ssd upgrade) eeepc701SD (64gb ssd) bauer mini laptop (32gb ssd)

Kudos is Nice - please. Pass it on, you'll make a geek happy
@hooker1uk (as a blogger my words do not represent the brands i work with unless stated otherwise.)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Is there any possible dates for firmware update, or has anyone found an other solution ? This really annoys me :-/
Please use plain text.
Advisor

there'll be firmware update soon:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&message.id=52890&jump=true#M52890

Anyone knows if this issue is fixed on that one ? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The link is probably false....

I also noticed that the E63 has the same problem with the latest update..... shame for nokia E-series.... 

and does anyone knows when the next update will be released with the bug fixed....????

Please use plain text.
Advisor

The link was valid, i also already got the EURO firmware file via googling, but don't know if it's the real deal or not. it installs many files to %programfiles%/common files and software updater doesn't identify them

anyways, waiting for the new version :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Guys, new firmware for e71 is released. v400.21.013 . If anyone has installed it, please let us all know, is that equalizer issue fixed or nokia is still sleeping?

Thanks in advance!

BTW - I sold off my e71 due to lame software update support by nokia!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Guys, new firmware for e71 is released. v400.21.013 . If anyone has installed it, please let us all know, is that equalizer issue fixed or nokia is still sleeping?

Thanks in advance!

BTW - I sold off my e71 due to lame software update support by nokia!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

With FW - 300.21.012, I am also facing the same problem.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i updated manually to 400.x and still the equalizer issue remains, but i'm now using lcg jukebox, that player has a build in mp3 decoder and a working equalizer. nokia firmware developers should definitely look up for this issue :-/
Please use plain text.
Contributor

GOSH!!! I never expected the same thing to happen on E71.

I've got two E63 s and they both have the same issue. Wth is wrong with Nokia?? I even purchased two original headsets thinking that it was some problem with headsets.

I've seen the cheap chinese imitation version of Nokia E71 and it's a shame to say that they perform way better than the originals. Why the hell is Nokia releasing faulty products???  We spend some extra bucks to get the original Nokia phones from authorized dealers to be loyal customers and this is the **bleep** they throw at our faces.

I really really wish the next update will fix these bugs. It's soooo  disappointing to see your newly bought phone has defects, and your so called "Authorized  Nokia Dealer" is not ready to change the phone for a good one. I bought these two phones less than two weeks ago.

Please use plain text.

I dont understand how nokia could become so shameless.... they r supposed to be the best among the bests.... but now their attitude is like "since u already paid for your phone, we dont care about your problems, go to hell"

how could they release an update without fixing the bug they created in their earlier update?....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

As a sound professionnal, I bought the E71 for its nice audio suite (audio player, internet radio, mobbler, ...). If the E71 was not offering an equalizer, I wouldn't have bought it. The equalizer is very important to compensate for the particular frequency response of the attached headphone.

But now, I am stuck with this "bug" since last firmware. And the newest doesn't solve the problem. I now fear it is was not a bug, bur rather a specification change for some obscure reason.

I feel cheated by Nokia, changing the specifications of purchased devices. The E71 will be my last Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have experienced this problem as well on Bluetooth headphones.

Using the v400 firmware.

Interestingly, the equalizer and audio settings do work on the loudspeaker. Seems to be a bug in the firmware since v200 or v210.

Can someone from Nokia please confirm that Nokia is aware of this issue?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
umair359

I also had the same problem with the equalizer. But im amazed to learn that now its working... But now my camera isnt working. Nokia is really making cheap sets now. Dont know why i bought it!
Please use plain text.