Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E71: how to install a new memory card

E71: how to install a new memory card

My E71 came with a 2GB micro card.  I want to swap it with an 8GB one but I have saved some applications to the memory card (Gmail and Google search, in fact).

Can I copy all the content from the old one to the new card?  How do I do that?  Will the applications than work as if nothing had happened?  Or do I have to re-download and re-install them?

Thanks.

Counsellor
lucianmobile9

Re: E71: how to install a new memory card

you can copy everything from the old card into the new one using a computer and a card reader.

i'm not sure if the applications on your phone will work after that but you can try :smileyhappy:

cheers
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: E71: how to install a new memory card

tandlj wrote:

My E71 came with a 2GB micro card.  I want to swap it with an 8GB one but I have saved some applications to the memory card (Gmail and Google search, in fact).

Can I copy all the content from the old one to the new card?  How do I do that?  Will the applications than work as if nothing had happened?  Or do I have to re-download and re-install them?

Thanks.

Just don't install programs or applications on the memorycard. Insert the card IN the phone and NOT on a PC or Mac to format. Remove the card by pressing the red button and choose remove card from the dialog option. If you insert the card later you should hear a short bleep.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009