Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 on US T-Mobile

Contributor

E71 on US T-Mobile

Does anyone know if the E71 phone works with all features on the T-Mobile USA network?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: E71 on US T-Mobile

the phone should have no issues working on tmo usa. i am using tmo usa and have been for years with varoius nokia models. the only thing you can't use is the 3g as they are different frequency. the rest of services are no problem.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback!  Think I am going to buy a E71.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

[ Edited ]

The only issue that I have seen with in the US and T-Mobile is:

If you have an old SIM card, when T-Mobile US was called something else, then it might not send text messages.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=communicators&message.id=34239

As shown in that post above, however T-Mobile supplied an updated SIM card and things seem to be AOK.

Shunts...

Message Edited by shuntfield on 20-Feb-2009 07:52 PM
I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi-

I understand the Eiroga and the nokia e71 are the same-will the Eiroga work in the US? and with what carrier? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

The Eiroga seems to be a dual-sim knock-off of the E71, it's unlikely that the internal hardware is the same.

It seems that handset supports GSM 900/1800/1900, so it would work on their GSM band, but doesn't do UMTS at all.

Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.