Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71, password lock?

Contributor
Accepted Solution

E71, password lock?

Hello,

I recently got the E71 and for the life of me I can't find a password lock setting. It could be that the E71 doesn't have one, but does anyone know if there's a way to change the lock settings so in order to unlock my keys I need to enter a password?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: E71, password lock?

try this 

tools- general- security - phone and sim card 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I've tried going into there before but none of the options seem to give me the choice of setting a password... here are my options:

PIN code request

PIN code

PIN2 code

Keypad autolock period

Phone autolock period

Lock code

Allow remote lock

Closed user group

Confirm SIM services

I've tried lock code, but when I lock the keypad and unlock it a password request doesn't come up.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vijayt

hi volivier,

you have tried the exact thing, but do try this too :

-please set a password at lock code.

-also set the phone auto lock period (say 1 min).

-now go to your home screen.

-wait for 1 min or press power button to see the option lock phone.

now try unlocking, your device should prompt for the lock code.

if this does not work out, please update ur firmware. 

If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! This has been driving me insane since i got my phone.

For anyone else that is trying to figure this out, remember:

-If you have NOT already created a lock code, the original lock code is 1234

-Insert personal lock code

-Set autolock period (1 min or more)

-Change keylock period to NONE.

Thanks again, Vijay!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hat_sg

if you haven't enabled remote locking, note that you have to enter the code before locking it using the power button way. Anyway, default code is 12345 not 1234
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hat_sg

... and you also must not have enabled auto lock period
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Inderbir

I'm sorry but the lock code is not working at all and I havnt ever changed it but what could it be?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
50percent

Inderbir wrote:
I'm sorry but the lock code is not working at all and I havnt ever changed it but what could it be?

As hat_sg just said, the default is 12345

If you've brought the handset 2nd hand I suggest doing a complete Factory Reset to restore the default code.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manjeetau

I had a Nokia E71, phone was not turing on at all, and was asking me the code to enter, I tried and tried and then it says you have only 5 option left before user data will be erased, I again tried the codes, then it turn off with a white screen that really scares me, I thought it will never turn on again, but then I took the battery off, and started the phone, it erased everything from the phone, but was unlocked from that code thing!!! Hope that will help someone who had similar problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
annumaya

lock code of e71

hi.

I am anand, i forget the lock code of my phone, can you tell me that from where i can get it and what is the procedure for that let me know.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: lock code of e71

[ Edited ]

annumaya wrote:

hi.

I am anand, i forget the lock code of my phone, can you tell me that from where i can get it and what is the procedure for that let me know.

The ONLY way you can get it reset to the Default 12345 is by visiting Nokia Care along with a proof of ownership (Bill / Invoice) ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SreejeshVarma

I am trying to number lock my phone but now whn i am giving the default password as 12345... its showing CODE ERROR... so please inform me what should I do... 

Please use plain text.