Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71: security lock code: unable to unlock

Advisor

E71: security lock code: unable to unlock

Hello together,

I'm having a really odd problem with my Nokia E71 phone. I've set up the security lock code to a numeric code (8 digits). As it's a well known date for me,  I'm pretty sure to know the code but I can't unlock it anymore. I've tried every possible combination for a date (yyyymmdd, yyyyddmm, yymmdd, ...) but it still refuses to unlock.

I've pressed the FN-Key 2 times to activate numeric typing - maybe it's related to the input method?

The Nokia care center in Munich want to have 30€ to unlock but I don't want to pay if this is a problem of the phone and not me unable to recognize the code I've entered just hours before...

I'm really shure to have the right code but the phone won't unlock.

Anybody having the same problem or any hint how to reset the security code wihtout paying 30€?

Please use plain text.
vlc1z

Re: E71: security lock code: unable to unlock

i have the same problem and it wont unlock..i do remember my lock code very well but it just wont unlock.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lucianmobile9

have you tried 12345?

cheers
Please use plain text.
vlc1z

lucian he said he set it to a 8 digit code but then the phone wont accept his real code

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The security code has been known to reset to the default under certain circumstances so I would definitely suggest trying the 12345 default code just in case.

Also look here for more information, but it is likely that you will have to spend the €30. They will probably also require proof of purchase/ownership.

Please use plain text.