Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 - skype

Advisor

E71 - skype

Hello everybody

I have skype installed on my E71 and I would like to know if I can call my contacts (pc) for free? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Re: E71 - skype

Hi,

You just installed Skype, a VoIP application that allows you to make calls for free from PC to PC, or phone to PC, or PC to phone, or even phone to phone and you do not quite know if you can make free calls? Did you happen to check out the features and description of what the application can do?

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Advisor

so I guess that if I call my skype contact (Pc) then I will just pay the normal rate from my operator...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

If you use wifi, you will not have to pay for it. If you go via the cell network, you will have to pay for data usage. You best check with your operator. 

Did you read anything about how to use Skype? All of this info is on the website. 

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ok, I get it :smileyhappy: I have couple of months free internet from my operator so I guess I won't pay anything :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the info!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

I suggest you go to the Skype site and read up a bit on the application. You might also want to go to: www.fring.com and see what they have to offer. 

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Is fring better then nimbuzz?

Thanks mate!

Message Edited by alintatoc on 29-Jun-2009 03:08 PM
Please use plain text.