Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E71 voice activation problem

Eddy365

E71 voice activation problem

First the off/on button does not work so to turn it on or off i have to remove the battery. second when i do turn it on the voice activation screen saying speak now appears repeatedly without me doing anything, the phone also acts as if it is being controlled and selects different menus without me pressing anything. it keeps appearing until the phone shuts down, and immediately restarts. the only way of stopping it is taking the battery out which means the phone is useless.  

I'm on 3

any help appreciated

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ee1518

Re: E71 voice activation problem

Please, Nokia. Let us non-retarded users completely disable

"Speak Now"

and

"Message Reader"

In all S60v3, S60v5 and Symbian^3 and Meego phones.

Do it like NOW.

If you do now have the resources for all phones, please do it at least for E72, as it is the only Nokia Eseries phone that combines a proper camera (no fixed focus, please, I need to photograph documents and barcodes), hardware qwerty keyboard and S60v3 or Symbian^3.

And let us disable other software. For example, if I do not want my kids to play games or use Web Browser (even with WLAN, I know how to disable 3G from operator side), WHY CAN I NOT DISABLE THOSE SOFTWARE?

In iPhone you can disable the Safari web browser.

Please use plain text.