Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E71x forgotten password issue

Registered Member
gappy78

E71x forgotten password issue

Hi,

I have a Nokia E71x that I use for emails. My company had set up a rule with microsoft exchange where passwords need to be enforced. I ended up changing the default password to a different one. My problem is that my phone is locked, but I cannot access anything. After a few tries it says the phone auto locks, stating new code cannot be entered for 5 mins. Is there any way, I can do a master reset to set everything back to the factory settings? The standard answer of #7..# followed by default password does not work as the default password has changed.

Thanks,

Gappy78

Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: E71x forgotten password issue

These unlock codes are there for obvious reasons. You have to bring it in for service or go to a Nokia Care Point.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009