Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72: Internet: Memory full, close down some ap...

Advisor
bigmickc22

E72: Internet: Memory full, close down some applications and try again.

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.

I frequently come across this message when I am browsing various websites. In the past these very same pages have opened correctly and now they just shut my internet off.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I updated my phone recently to the most recent software version and have not had a good internet experience since. I have 78.8Mb of C-memory and 2.9Gb of E-memory.

I conclude (but I may be wrong as I'm not massively tech-savvy) that the RAM memory is all being used.

Can I free this up?

I have performed TWO hard-resets with no resolution or improvement.

Any help is much appreciated.

M

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: E72: Internet: Memory full, close down some applications and try again.

Clear the Browser cache (Options-->Privacy...) and check again. Make it a habit to clear this at regular intervals..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

I already do this at least twice a week as it was the only solution my service provider could come up with. I cant browse well at the moment so there is practically nothing to clear.
Thanks though
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

Download the OPERA MINI from OVI Store. This will help!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

What does this do?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

[ Edited ]

Browse the net with opera mini. Had the same problem with my E72. After downloading opera mini, 'memory full' was no longer a problem

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

Thanks i'll give it a try.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

[ Edited ]

And dont buy the E6:smileyhappy:
I have now the E6, and its A REAL  The EMAIL notifications doesnt work!must update emails by hand...and thats a businessphone..??!!:/ the phone(layout,quality etc) is great.but if you need a businesshandy, the E72 is much better.

The keyboard was in E72 better, too.

Now to write '!' you have to press: arrow up+ ?

'( )' is in a stupid place,too!

Moderators notes: Profanity removed.

Please use plain text.
ruzan

[ Edited ]

am also getting the memory full error. this is with the 81 firmware.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

i only updated 7 days ago, so i assume it's the latest update. It was a problem before the update and got worse after.
opera has allowed me on to some sites but mobile only versions. Full sites with pictures still crash e.g. BBC Sport.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

FW .071.004.

Just checked. Latest one available to me. Still crashing with both Opera and the inbuilt internet. Still months away from upgrade and it's really bugging me.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

I think it depends on the RAM consumption. 

What other applications are running when you surf the web? If there are other applications are running, they consume the some of the RAM and that's why you dont have enough memory when you open a webpage which uses a lot of RAM, such as those with good quality photos. Try to close all other applications, such as Whatsapp and email, and then try again.

bigmickc22 wrote:
FW .071.004.

Just checked. Latest one available to me. Still crashing with both Opera and the inbuilt internet. Still months away from upgrade and it's really bugging me.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

as it is a batterylife issue with the nokias, I close all apps after i'm done. It doesn't make any difference
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

There must be something wrong if you haven't got the 081.003 update yet. It dated 15 Oct 2011 and I think I got it in early November. Are you on a contract with a meddlesome provider?

081.003 certainly didn't make memory problems worse. I bought a memory manager, which killed off unnecessary apps and cleaned up - and it helped.

Having the E72 check for mail really does the battery in. I have three e-mail addresses set to Setting > Update interval > Manual which are set at their server to pass mail on to my Nokia account, which pushes them to the phone, It can get complicated, but my battery lasts for days.

I lost the memory app when I moved my micro-SD card to my new E6 which, although it has its annoying points - especially with Belle - certainly is NOT a rubbish phone.

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

I've just checked online. 071.004 is the latest version available through the Nokia Suite. so I am completely up to date. It is begining to affect the Opera web access now, same message as original post.
Any further hints or tips would be much appreciated
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

When you look at Menu > File mgr. > Phone memory, how much memory have you got on the phone itself. Not because this tells you how much RAM is available, but because if it says 112.6 this can - according to a guy at Nokia Care Denmark - mean there's a system error of some kind and that the only way out is to save all your data and make sure you can retrieve any apps you have installed, either from the Ovi store, a .sis file you may have or some other source (like m.opera.com for Opera Mini. THEN give the phone a *#7370#. This cleans up all sorts of nasties and usually helps loads. "Enjoy".

PS You are officialy up to date with v. 071.xxx but 081.003 has been around for a while now.

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

Hi hughm.
I've done all that. back up, reset and also removed some stuff from the logs that others have said jams up the system. It has produced no change.
Thanks for the assistance though, much appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bigmickc22

Update: No change, no, that's not true. Now Opera Mini closes without warning or gives a very fast memory full warning.

Come on Nokia! Help us fix this RAM problem and save what used to be an amazing phone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Danoontje20

Well, I have the same problem for months now and it's driving me crazy.

But today, i connected my phone to Nokia Suite and it haves a new update. This is update 081.003. Since I update my e72, I don't have this message again on Internet.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jacobzl

I have the same problem. No solution was offered by Nokia. I have checked the possibility solution in Google - did not help in this case.
It is my last Nokia phone I have bought
Please use plain text.