Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 Nokia Messaging Problem

E72 Nokia Messaging Problem

Hello , a month ago I purchased the E72 and I have been using the Nokia Messaging  with 3 mailboxes. 1 Ovi and 2 Gmail's.

Everything worked flawlessly until today, when my main gmail account stopped working. I cannot send mail, i can recieve the old messaged, and Sync doesnt stop.

The other gmail accounts however works perfectly, and so is the Ovi.

I tried deleting them all and setting up each mailbox individualy , but still the my main gmail account is bugged, while the two other accounts worked well.

I tried logging in to email.nokia.com but the site doesnt respond.

Anyone have any tips or info on how to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
parkean

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. I have tried deleting the mailbox and setting it up again and I have just now received an email to gmail (not phone) saying my subscription has been cancelled because someone else now has my phone????? I try registering it again through nokia email link in the mail I was sent and it won't let me.

It says "my account is safe, the new owner of your phone can't access it". The phone has not changed owners and I now have no email. 

Nice one Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karadumann

hey guys don't panic it seems everybody 's having same problem today.. here is the official statement; 

http://twitter.com/nokiamessaging

"""For those noticing an outage - there was a power failure in our hosting center. Rebooting machines now, should have you all back online soon""""

Please use plain text.
parkean

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting that. My account is still showing as canceled, can't see how that is related to a power outage, this is what is says when I login:

PlanNokia Messaging subscription - purchased with device
Subscription statusCanceled

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

contact nokia customer support and/or cell company and ask them to re initiate. this should do the trick
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Sage
shailendraraj

There is no fault of Nokia for the mail which had been sent to you. As per security concern this feature has been implemented if you remember last year http://email.nokia.com was having a link to reinstall now it is no more available just because of security issue.
Why you are facing problem is just because of reason that you have inserted any other SIM card into your phone and have accessed internet.
Nokia messaging client gets registered to server only through your mobile IMIE No and IMSI no ( sim card related no). So when you chabge the SIM card NMS treats as security breach and prompt you with such error.
Solution: call your country local nokia care helpline number and say them to reprovision your account and afterward your will start working.

Post ur queries at http://shailendraraj.blogspot.com for quick response.
Regards
Please use plain text.
Sage
shailendraraj

There is no fault of Nokia for the mail which had
been sent to you. As per security concern this
feature has been implemented if you remember last
year http://email.nokia.com was having a link to
reinstall now it is no more available just because of
security issue.
Why you are facing problem is just because of
reason that you have inserted any other SIM card
into your phone and have accessed internet.
Nokia messaging client gets registered to server
only through your mobile IMIE No and IMSI no
( sim card related no). So when you chabge the SIM
card NMS treats as security breach and prompt you
with such error.
Solution: call your country local nokia care helpline
number and say them to reprovision your account
and afterward your will start working.
Post ur queries at http://shailendraraj.blogspot.com
for quick response.
Regards
Please use plain text.
parkean

[ Edited ]

That is not correct; I did not insert, remove or touch the SIM card. The problems started(and cancellation email sent) immediately following the email outage and deleting and setting up the mailbox again. It is not related in anyway to either the phone changing hands or a sim card being changed or accessing the internet.

I have contacted Nokia and they have reset the account and email is working again. Thanks Radical24 & karadumann

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
philip_d

Still the same problem..., ovi works, of the gmail accounts work ,and one doesnt,. it just doesn't stop send and receiving. the  icon constantly rotates and nokia messaging app acts faulty.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuleimanJo

[ Edited ]

Hello all, 

My problem is as follows:

I am using Nokia Messaging for the last 4 months on my E72, it was working perfect, no complains at all, until yesterday, I started to get a message on my mobile asking to enter my passwords for the e-mail accounts I am using!!! I tried to login into my messaging account but it is not working!! It doesn't recognize the username and/or the password!

I am using this e-mail for my account: Please let me know what can I do.

Thank you,

Suleiman

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

edit post

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum."

Please use plain text.