Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 - Nokia Messaging - duplicate emails in Gm...

Counsellor
pellicle
Accepted Solution

E72 - Nokia Messaging - duplicate emails in Gmail

Hi

recently when I send email from my E72 I get a duplicate message appearing in my 'all mail' in gmail with (unknown sender) as well as the one I sent.

anyone else getting this?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: E72 - Nokia Messaging - duplicate emails in Gmail

Hi pellicle,

Have you tried to delete the email account off your phone and then re-add? You can do this via Menu > Email > Options > Settings > Select the email account > Options > Remove mailbox. 

If this doesn't work, give your local Care line a call. They will be able to reset your Nokia Messaging account for you, which will fix the issue you're describing if re-adding the account hasn't helped. 

Let me know how you get on.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pellicle

Re: E72 - Nokia Messaging - duplicate emails in Gmail

Iris

thanks for the tip. I have actually done that just after making my post and then thought 'what the hell' and have switched back to my E63 last night for a variety of other reasons (but including this).

I don't really like the behaviour of the mail client on the E72 and have sort of accepted this as a win / lose situation to accept the benefit of getting reliable mail delivery to the phone via 3G.

There are some pros and cons to this which I revisit from time to time to see if I still find the pros worth the cons.

Sometimes the always on feature of NM is not actaully a PRO but I've found that it can be 'disconnected' (when needed) and seems to stay that way. I have not been successful with connecting outside hours.

Also I have not been able to schedule different accounts at different times.

IE work account 9am - 5pm mon - fri : personal acc 7am-10pm 7days

Please use plain text.