Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 and Internet radio

Sage

E72 and Internet radio

Hi,

Noticed in some thread that folks are looking for Internet radio application for E72. I've been using one for 5320 XM in my E72 and that works just great (like the app used to work in my previous E71).

So, if you want to check it, go to europe.nokia.com site. There select Explore services - Music - FM and Internet radio. Then select 5 Steps to get started and Download ... file. And from there select the one meant for 5320 Xpress Music. Once installed, you can find it under Media - Radio.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
richcowell

Awesome, thanks... I was looking for one last night, but didn't try that one.

Just need the podcasting app for it now too... I wonder if that will work in the same way...

Nokia History: 3110, 5110, 7110, 7110, 3510i, 6210, 6310i, 5210, 6100, 6610, 7250, 7250i, 6650, 6230, 6230i, 6260, N70, N70, 5300, N95, N95, E71, E72
Android History: HTC Desire, SE Xperia Arc, HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, One X+, Google Nexus 5
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I installed the aobve mentioned Nokia Internet Radio app on my Nokia E72 but after the installation the application is nowhere to be seen or found in the menu. Should it really be working?

I also tried the Nokia Internet Radio app for the Nokia 6210 classic (as suggested on other forums on the net) and this one did come out under "media -> radio" but then I noticed that the left shoft-key has the battery meter above it (while it does “select”) and the right soft-key has select (but does “exit”). The word “exit” is seen on the upper-right corner of the screen.

Also not really compatible?

Why wouldn't Nokia preinstall this fab app like they did in the E66? Not being able to stream internet radio would be VERY dissapointing to me :-(

Any ideas anyone?

Message Edited by Tropicaldi on 29-Nov-2009 03:20 AM
Message Edited by Tropicaldi on 29-Nov-2009 03:22 AM
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Ok I tried installing the app for the Nokia 5320 XM again and it turns out that only the home screen of the radio (where you have to choose between FM or internet Radio) has the weird portrait-button layout. The app itself works like a charm :-) Thanks!

Message Edited by Tropicaldi on 02-Dec-2009 12:56 AM
Message Edited by Tropicaldi on 02-Dec-2009 12:57 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
I said that E63 is more close to E72 being newer on the market, so I've tried to install IR for E63 and it returned the message "install base application first". So I've installed the Xpress Music version first and then, on top of it, the E63 version .. it worked like a charm. I now have lanscape mode IR working perfectly on my E72.
Message Edited by liviupopa on 05-Dec-2009 06:13 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Txs liviupopa. It works great for me to. I called the Nokia support about this and the did not give me this tip!!! 
Message Edited by djex on 07-Dec-2009 09:00 AM
Message Edited by djex on 07-Dec-2009 09:00 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LenardG

I selected the E71 on the Internet Radio downloads page, downloaded the version for that. Then I downloaded the version for the E75 - which turned out to be an update version only (guess its the same as the E63 version some of you mentioned). Installed them in this order (E71, E75) and works like a charm. 

If you check the filenames of the downloaded files you will see that for many phones it is the same file - so it really doesn't matter which one you choose as long as you choose one that is close to the phone you want (S60 3rd ed. FP1-FP2, etc)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
weid1374

Thank you!

Works great!

:smileyhappy: 

Yes, I have my E72

PS: Don't blame me for my bad English, I am Dutch :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thank you rycheman,

The 5320 XM file worked great on mine (a Chinese made E72-2). Tried all the rest without luck, so your advice was a life saver!

Regards 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have just installed the 5320 verison and it works a charm. The only advice I would give is that there is no icon that appears in applications menu after the install. IR will appear in the Music menu and then when you click on radio, you can then choose between the standard radio and internet radio.  

Enjoy!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
J_Florencio

I have installed the following applications:

iRApp_S60_32_1_16.SIS

iRApp_S60_32_1_16_landscape_upgrade.SIS

I can access to INTERNET RADIO from RADIO icon and I can also be accessed from INTERNET RADIO icon.

INTERNET RADIO application works fine in both places.

My problem is the FM RADIO stops working.

When I uninstall Internet Radio. FM RADIO, works correctly.

Why?

E61 - E51 - E90 - E71 - 5800 - E72 - E52 - E55
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have installed the app from here http://nokiamobileblog.com/nokia-internet-radio-for-the-e72-how-to-install-it/ and it is working fine. The Internet Radio is accessable trough the Menu -> Media -> Radio.

Please use plain text.
barrywalton

Thanks, works perfectly.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
internetradio

Thank you very much.

I installed and use internet radio.it helped me.

Best wishes

vinod

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tonyja

Very helpful thanks, only one comment, when i installed it said error, could not install, but i check location as you suggested and it was there and now working normally. thanks

Please use plain text.