Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 and easier keylock?

Contributor
Accepted Solution

E72 and easier keylock?

Having had several Sony Ericsson phones and I lack an easy way of locking the keypad on my E72.

Maybe I'm missing some info but currently the only hard way is to press the power button and scroll down and activate keylock.

Are there any keypad shortcut to perform this frequent task?

Please use plain text.
Professor

If you mean locking the keypad: press quickly top left softkey and then top right soft key.

If you want to lock the phone with security code: press power button and scroll to "Lock phone"

2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Is there a way to change the time-out for the auto-lock feature? I could not find it in settings? And and way to change the key combination back to the good old times (left function keys)?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

> If you mean locking the keypad: press quickly top left softkey and then top right soft key.

Hmm, that is useful!  But it only seems to work when on the home screen :-(

- Mark

Please use plain text.
Sage
freebird123

RSvoboda wrote:
Is there a way to change the time-out for the auto-lock feature? I could not find it in settings? And and way to change the key combination back to the good old times (left function keys)?

Hi,

you can't change the key combination. The timeout for the auto-lock feature can be set as follows: Menu -> Ctrl. Panel -> Settings -> General -> Security -> Phone and SIM Card -> Keypad autolock period.

FreeBird

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Is it that hard to do it on the homescreen? It's always just a buttonclick away!?
Please use plain text.
Bojonca

"Is it hard to...!?"

The mankind is always heading to something better than it has here and now.

And that means EVOLUTION.

If you are satisfied with these primitive nokia feauters, ask yourself a question: Why there are LOTS of applications in the Internet devoted to better and easier locking, unlocking and so on?...

I'll answer for you: Progressive people need it.

Please use plain text.