Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E72 bluetooth headset problems

Registered Member

E72 bluetooth headset problems

Hi guys

I just got my E72 2 days, so far so good for me except for this weird bluetooth problem.

When using bluetooth headset for calls, the connection with the headset will be dropped but the call will remain online. I had to switch over the handset. The headset will indicate that the connection had been dropped but the phone will still show that it is connected to the headset. Previously i had the similiar problem with E71 but the E71 will drop the headset connection after a while. Once in a while, all i need to do is to toggle the bluetooth setting off and on to recover the bluetooth connectivity. E72 keep showing that the headset connection is active even if i toggle the bluetooth connection off.

The error setting can only be solved by restarting the phone. does anyone have a solution for this? maybe new firmware from nokia to address such problem? or am i the only one with this problem

Re: E72 bluetooth headset problems

Same problem here.

My plantronics bluetooth headset was working fine with the E71 prior to using my new E72 since a few days ago. First time i used the bluetooth - conversation lasted 20 mins or so before breaking up. Now it breaks up after a min or so even after rebooting both headset & E72.

Looks like a bug in the E72 firmware.

Registered Member

I've been using E72 fo 3 days and each time I use my Jabra bluetooth I have the same problem!

I used Jabra for years with several Windows Mobile devices and never complained.

Apart from that I like the phone very much.

But if Nokia doesn' fix it soon I would have to return E72 to Nokia store.

Such a bug is unacceptable in a business phone!

Can anyone recommend a good QWERTY devices with WM?

Professor

Exactly the same problem here, with a Jabra headset. Phone needs a restart to come back into its senses.

I also experience problems when trying to transfer files over the Bluetooth from a Toshiba R500 laptop to the E72. 

However, I've always had problems with Nokia phones and Nokia Bluetooth headsets. It seems to me that Nokia does not master Bluetooth very well. Their "flagship" Bluetooth headset, the BH-904, is very unstable when used with two phones, and needs reset once very few days. The most stable connection I had so far was between an extremely cheap phone, Samsung C180, and an expensive Bluetooth headset, Jabra JX10 Series II. :-)

2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II

i have the same problem with jabra jx10II

practically can not use the headset and is very upsetting for a business phone

Nokia should solve the problem quickly and come with an update

Jabra BT530, Plantronics Voyager Pro... no hope.

This is really upsetting, as BT cannot be restarted and the whole phone needs to be power cycled.

Of course I had to disable all security to allow for an effortless restart.

It's too bad for a delayed launch, while no update seems available. I guess how could they release it... it's not a specific compatibility problem (i.e. just with some models) And my E72 is poorly assembled too: the phone earpiece vibrates, so when I transfer the call to the handset call quality is subpar unless I keep the volume really low.

Sony Ericsson is experiencing similar problems with Aino and Sation, evertiq.com reports.

Anyone can help? I just brought my E72 yesterday, and found out that bluetooth headset connectivity not working properly.

It detected the bluetooth headset but didn't ask for authorization code to connect and just within 5 seconds of connectivity the bluetooth headset disconnected. I've been trying so many times to connect but result remain the same. The bluetooth headset work fine with others nokia models.

My E72 s/w version = 021.024, date = 17-Oct-09, Language set = 40.01, model = E72-1, Type = RM-530

Contributor

I too am having frequent disconnections during calls with the only solution appearing to be turning the phone off then back on - getting very frustrating - have had to reboot 3 times today!!

May have to go back to my E71.............

I am using a Plantronics Voyager Pro and have experienced the same issues with a Plantronics 925 and Nokia BH-900.

Counsellor

I have the same problem.

The connection with the BT headset breaks, after which it is impossible to turn on BT on the phone after turning it off. On top of that it hangs the phone.

It is a very serious issue, and I will be returning my phone unless Nokia at least provides a date for when the next firmware update will be out.

FW version: 021.024.261.01

Language: 02.01

Counsellor

I forgot to add that my BT headset is a Jabra BT8040
Contributor

I just talket to Nokia's helpdesk. They say that the E72 har microsoft bluetooth stack, and Plantronics uses toshiba bluetooth stack. They therefore do not guarantee compability.

So Nokia and Plantronics Voyager Pro does not work together. 

Contributor

So Nokia changed bluetooth stack from E71??

That's a shame because Voyager Pro worked flawlessly with my E71.........

I wonder if a firmware update could resolve this...........

Counsellor

I think that reply from Nokia is nonsense.

As must of us here have already stated, we have used phones from many different brands coupled with various BT headsets, without any of the issues documented here.

But if this is Nokia's official reply to the E72's BT problems, without admitting the real problem, then it means that we should not expect any solution either, certainly not in the immediate future.

I already stated that unless Nokia at least acknowledges this problem and state that they will come out with a patch that I will return my phone. Thus, they leave me with no other choice.

In the meantime, Nokia can try to explain to potential E72 buyers why their phones will not work with various headset, while other manufacturers' phones work flawlessly; I very much doubt most consumers care about which device runs what BT stack - they simply expect a solution that works, something which Nokia obviously cannot, or does not care to provide.

Contributor

I fully agree with you. I don't know how it works for you but here in Sweden, Nokia won't let me return my phone just because the Plantronics does not work.

Counsellor

@breidan

The thing is that it is not only a Plantronics problem, people here say that they are also having these problems with Jabra, and even with Nokia's own headsets.

How can they deny it is not problem when it does not work well with their own headsets? Are we supposed to keep buying various headsets until we by chance find one that works? Will Nokia reimburse me for the money I need to spend on new headsets because their new flagship device can't handle a simple BT connection?

You should contact them and refer them to this thread, and have them explain how this is not a problem. And at the very least, they should be able to provide you/us with a list of BT headsets that they guarentee will work.

Keep us posted.

Professor

breidan wrote:

I just talket to Nokia's helpdesk. They say that the E72 har microsoft bluetooth stack, and Plantronics uses toshiba bluetooth stack. They therefore do not guarantee compability.

So Nokia and Plantronics Voyager Pro does not work together. 

I am having this problem even with Nokia BH-904 headset, not only with another brand (Jabra JX10 Series II in my case). So this theory does not hold.

However, it seems my E72 had re-adjusted itslef somehow. I still get the headset disconnected, but I do not have to power-cycle the phone anymore. I just have to turn off and back on the bluetooth headset and it will re-connect with the phone, even during conversation. It takes a a few seconds, but I do not have to end the conversation anymore, just keep talking on the handset while I power off and back on the headset. If course it is difficult when driving :-)

2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II
Contributor

They told me some of there own headset is not supperted aswell. But if it is a Nokia headset that's not supported you was garantied cash-back.

Contributor

Well I just reverted back to my Nokia BH-900 and on my second call I experienced exactly the same disconnect issue as with my Plantronics Voyager Pro and Plantronics 925.

Are there any Bluetooth headsets which are compatible with the E72?

The Toshiba/Microsoft stack sounds like a bad excuse. I never had to care about such trouble with a BT Headset, and reading the BH904 doesn't work is no good news. Most people don't know that Plantronics is (or has been) the OEM for many Nokia headsets (including one of the very early models, the white/golden one with the replaceable battery...)

I DID find some models are better than other regarding responsiveness and compatibility, the Voyager Pro sets new standards in terms of range and voice quality far away from the phone but I NEVER found a headset can be completely incomatibile to the point it's unusable.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just found that it is the exact same problem with my N86. Keeps disconnecting irregularly.

EDIT: using Plantronics Voyager Pro.

Message Edited by breidan on 02-Dec-2009 02:41 PM