Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 contacts details "problem"

Doktoru

E72 contacts details "problem"

Hello everybody.

I was wondering if someone can help me in one matter regarding how contacts are diplayed!

Let's asume you have a "John Smith" in your contacts and this John is a plumber, so you've noted him "plumber" in Job title or Company field, ok?

In my brand new E72, in contacts, it shows "John Smith, Plumber"! All the other Nokia phones that I had before showed only "John Smith" and I can see his a plumber only if I opened that specific contact, for details.

Any ideeas for this? I want it to display only the names +/- phone no, not with any other details that it's been saved.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Doktoru

[ Edited ]

Did it!!!!  :smileywink:
Simply move all your contact details from "Company" to "Job title" and you're done! U'll get rid of that annoying display in your contacts book.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lesage22

hello

I have  prblem with my E72 so when i receive a skype call it show on the screen only SKYPE SERVICE but it doesnt show the caller name , so pls if somebody can help and tell me what can i do to solve this problem ,

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicolasnoakes

I have a related problem with the new v071 firmware for my E52.  Some of my contacts are stored without a first or last name, and only a company name - e.g. Vodafone Customer Service.  Previously (firmware v054) I could open my contacts and start typing vod... and it would filter done to matches inculding "Vodafone Customer Service".  Now (on firmware v071) it only matches first & last names, and ignores the company names.  YOu have to manually scroll down and search for the one you want.  This is a very silly change.  Is there a way to re-enable searching the comany name?

Please use plain text.
Sage
kokeropie

I believe that is a bug in v.071 since I had that problem on E72 running v.071.

You can use 'search' as an alternate.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicolasnoakes

Urgh!  That's a real bug.  How do you remove functionality in an upgrade?  Don't change what isn't broke! Etc....  I really hope they fix this sometime.  Is there a way to reliably go back to 054?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicolasnoakes

Type to search is fixed again in version 081.003. Also free space on the internal memory ("c drive") is much better.
Please use plain text.