Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72: date/time reset after keeping off battery...

Professor

E72: date/time reset after keeping off battery?

My E72 ask me to input date end time when restarting after keeping off the battery, even for just a second!!! It seemed to me that this didn't happen before. Any idea?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: E72: date/time reset after keeping off battery?

The auxiliary battery in your phone must have died.

This is not something you can sort out yourself, you'll have to take your phone in for repairs.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Professor

not bad....dead after 4 months!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Mine not after 1 second but after about 10 seconds i have to adjust time and date

Please use plain text.
Sage

I get the same, and the phone is only a few months old!

It's okay if I'm very quick when removing the battery (which I typically do to change SIMs).

E72-1 UK CV 052.005
Please use plain text.
Professor

Someone suggested me to switch cell off, fully charge battery and let the cell  off fully charged for 24 hrs to make the backup battery "resume" but personally I don't why this should ease the charging of the backup battery

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shuntfield

Mine had died too.

It didn't last very long, I have two batteries and always charge one "off phone".

I'll be taking it to a NCP.

Shunts...

I will mostly be communicating with a Nokia E72 Zodium Black
Nokia E72-1 with Vr 051.018.207.04 Software
If this post helped... Add some kudos!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Professor

Date/Time eventual loss: "solved" this way

The event of pulling out the battery is, in my case, very unlikely....but, just in case, I have installed FreeTimeBox 1.05. It's a software that connects either viaweb, wap or wi fi at a time server and syncs time and date . You can set it to sync every time you boot up, or on demand.

Synching timer/date  takes a data flow comparable to the flow of a GPS assisted, so one can let it set to always set on boot if he like.

I tried: pulled out battery for a few seconds and when back on boot I was asked to set time. Simply skipped by pressing enter enter, and phone displayed homescreen with 0900 am on somewhere October 2009. Then, after a few seconds, "magically", tame and date switched to the  current time.

Anyway, @ Nokia: do improve quality of your products!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Date/Time eventual loss: "solved" this way

You are working around the actual problem. The better solution would be to just get the auxilliary battery replaced at your local Nokia Care point. It should be done under warranty if your phone is still under warranty. That is what your warranty is for.

The auxilliary battery does not fail prematurely on all Nokia phones. Although I must say we do see one or two here every week.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Economist

My auxiliary battery also died. My cell is under warranty but unfortunately there is no nokia repair center in my city. The warranty will also expire soon by the end of this month :smileyfrustrated:.....

Help me!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Calma. Excuse me please, but I don't think E72s have auxilliary batteries. There is no mention of them whatsoever  in the manual. The phone forgets all if the main BP 4-L battery is taken out.

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.