Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E72 freezes/hangs

Registered Member
nokafan

E72 freezes/hangs

my e72 - 4 months old started freezing after month 2. Took it in to nokia care, phone fine for 2 weeks, then back with vengance! Read on various blogs of same problems, answers from battery out to reset etc etc! I had it!!!! Please nokia must help here!! This is a intermittend problem! But for such a expensive mobile! Please help. Thanx coen pretoria south africa
Please use plain text.
k84m97

Re: E72 freezes/hangs

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. My E72 freezes 4-5 times a day. It drives me crazy. I'm using nokia from 1998 but now I'm very disapointed. It seems  Nokia doesnt care that they are selling athis product however I paid 350 Eur for that .Im definetaly finished with Nokia, even after 13 years of it. My next phone will be an Android phone.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. Inappropriate use of words is not allowed in this forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Ihave this issue too.  E72 is in very bad shape -

I'm convinced my issues all began after the firmware update from Nokia.

Is their a way to downgrade?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

what version are you using? (*#0000#)

Please use plain text.
Advisor

For me:

Software Version: 052.005

date: 27-Oct-2010

Custom version: 052.005.217.11

custom version date 07-Dec-2010

language set: 01.01

Model: E72-1

Latest update 25/12/2010

What's with the Custome update?  Is that something that the provider does - i.e. Vodafone?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

FYI, you may have seen this some of my other posts, but when my Nokia hangs / freezes / stalls

I take the following steps:
1. Try holding down the home button and if the running applications bar is shown try closing the applications by pressing the delete (backspace) key.
2.- If that fails try pressing the off button and selecting 'offline' mode - This sometimes works - if it does then try previous point before going back to an online mode such as 'general'.
3. If that fails - try holding down the power button to turn device off - that sometimes works! But sometimes the keyboard lights simply stay on until the battery goes dead...
4. Remove the battery wait a moment and then re-insert battery.  You may then have to enter the time and date. Do check your alarms - during GMT I noticed all my alarms would have incremented by an hour!  Not seen this since BST started.
Please use plain text.
k84m97

I consider my words were appropiate, inappropriate is to sell a devise with so many problems. My E72 crashes almost every day especially when more applications are runny. My business partners have no time to wait until I reopen my who. So..... nokia is wondering why it looses market?
Please use plain text.
Hafeezcolawee

please i am having a crucial hanging problem with my E72, my phone started hanging but i dont really know the cause of the hanging may be F Secure app i run on the phone, now i have uninstall most of the program but still hanging, really need help pls
Please use plain text.
Advisor
noonavec

The nokia care center couldnt help you on this...they will just tell you the v091 is the latest firmware version..but what we really need is a firmware update like version v091.500 or some v92 whatever...
Please use plain text.