Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E72 hard reset

krib

E72 hard reset

I would like to reset my E72, would I have to unlock the phone again? It cost me quite a lot to unlock it in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: E72 hard reset

krib wrote:

I would like to reset my E72, would I have to unlock the phone again? It cost me quite a lot to unlock it in the first place.

Absolutely not, an unlocked device remains unlocked whatever.

Remember that due to UDP = User Data Preservation feature of your E72 reset may have to deeper to achieve the desired result for you.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

the udp would only have an effect if you were to upgrade the software...but...

a *#7370# would wipe the device as would a complete reinstall of the device firmware with NSU (http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update)

then the too will completely wipe the device.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

The link mentioned here is no more...

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

The Nokia Software Updater (NSU) functionality was folded into Ovi Suite some time ago.  NSU is probably still available somewhere on Nokia's web site, but it's likely nothing to pine for.

Please use plain text.