Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

E72 - problems with USB connection to OVI/PC Suite...

E72 - problems with USB connection to OVI/PC Suite under Windows 7

I am having difficulty connecting my new E72 to either OVI or PC Suite (have tried both) via USB cable.  Yes, I am selecting USB mode on the phone.

The same software and cable works fine on my E71.

The fact that a Nokia is connected is detected by Windows (and you can browse the files on the memory card), but you PC Suite thinks that the phone is not set to PC Suite access, so no applications (backup etc.) will run.

Is this a Windows 7 issue?

Thanks. 

Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Re: E72 - problems with USB connection to OVI/PC Suite under Windows 7

Hi Matthew13,

Do have backup of your phone data & PC registries then Uninstall Nokia OVI Suite, Nokia Connectivity cable driver, PC Connectivity solution, Nokia flashing cable driver(if any on your PC), Run PC cleaner. Install latest Nokia OVI Suite from www.europe.nokia.com/ovisuite, reboot your pc.  Once pc started, connect your phone with USB in different ports [you should select PC Suite mode while asking for the connection] of your PC and check :smileyhappy:

Thanks cricfancy, but this was a completely clean install of OVI and PC Suite, and the Windows 7 install is only a couple of weeks old, so I don't see the purpose of un-installing the software!

As per original post, it works fine on the E71, but not on the E72-1 that I have (although I can browse when connected using Windows Explorer) ... so of course I don't have a backup, so don't really want to have to do a hard reset. 

Any other ideas out there? 

Registered Member
krusada

Registered Member
pgohctoon

I have the same problem with my Windows 7 notebook.

I tried re-installing but it will not connect to Internet.

I had no such problem with my home notebook and desktop which are using XP and Vista respectively.

Both could connect to Internet via E72 modem on 1st installation.

I am rather perturb by Nokia touting it so highly as a business phone when there are also problems with downloading large mails using MfE.

It is also very disturbing that Nokia does not provide any reply to our problems whatsoever.

If Nokia is working on a solution, please tell us.

Sometimes, it makes us look stupid as a user to have chosen Nokia when we cannot receive a large mail and other non Nokia users can.

Contributor
lookleft

Had the same problem did the steps below and it worked for me, make sure you have the phone connected to USB  

nokia e72-1 (RM-530) updated today to 31.023

(carphone warehouse phone)

open nokia PC suite

click synchronise icon

select phone/phone icon

you will get phone selecter

select connection

nokia connection manager

select usb

after selecting  the USB it should work. maybe? 

Advisor
student_uz

Hello to everyone,

I did follow the advised steps, it was working for awhile. And suddenly it's automatically plugging out.

I visited the Nokia Care Center, they said that it's software problem, but I've updated to the newest ,31.023, version 2 days ago.

any other suggestions??

Contributor
lookleft

Sorry m8 I don't know WHY it wont work again if it worked twice before the only thing I did is made sure I backed up my phone and reset it.... Then I did it & its working fine... Its connected to nokia PC suite right now & charging..My phone is e72-1.Type..RM530.Carphone warehouse phone if your in the UK updated to software version  031.023.Custom version 031.023.272.02.Software version date 31-mar-2010.Backed up my e72 phone on my n97 (bad phone).............P.S. If its not too late get your self the etc desire my friend got one two weeks ago and its the best touch phone I've seen and better then any nokia touch phone or any other touch phone the only problem is that you can only store app on the phone memory which is 576Mb its 100 times better then n97 

Registered Member
hritrend

Having the same problems with E55.

Nither OVI or bluetootsh can connect and synchronize.

USB finds the memmory card as external device that's all.

Does some one have the solution.

I have set up another PC and it works fine, but I'd like my laptop to communicate with my mobile properly.

gr4nad3

I had the same problem but in Vista..i connected my E72-1 and pc suite kept telling me that my phone is not in pc suite mode..now I switched to Windows 7 ultimate and voila..everything run smoothly n everything is detected like a charm.must be a windows issue

az369

Yesterday i have the same problem, it caused by windows update.
i have xp windows sp3, i removed (with add/remoce program utiliyu) those windows update, and it worked very fine.
please test and give me a feedback.
good luck