Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 spacebar smart dial not working

omid_freesky

E72 spacebar smart dial not working

[ Edited ]

Space bar problem does not end with stop working here and there, my brother has a E71 and he can use space bar in home screen for searching the contact names, which makes it much much easier but in E72 u can't use it because it becomes Symbol botton instead "WEIRD"

example: if you have a name like: Megan Fox (YOU WISH) - in E71 write " m (space) f..  " and there you go

buy with E72 if you hit space bar the Symbol block pups up " WEIRD " so you only can search eather first or last name "BAD"

PS: i tested this on few E72s (i made sure it's not only mine)

DO SOMETHING Nokia !! we (Nokia fans) are getting beat up, it's been so long and E72 really needs an UPDATE!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Works fine on mine? (didn't even know about that funktion before you wrote about it :smileytongue: thanks!)

(E72-1 made in Finland)

Please use plain text.
Sage

Space-bar doesn't work for me either in that way. Wasn't aware it could be any different really. Maybe it has to do with the spacebar doubling as a torch shortcut?

Please use plain text.
Sage
kokeropie

the spacebar works on mine. probably it's firmware bug.  mine is E72-1 021.025.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i also get the "symbol block " pop-up when number pad is active, if i de-activate the number pad by going to options->number mode (still home page) then i push space and there is now NO "symbol block" pop-up.

Not sure if i read you problem correctly by now space button works fine and if i want a number just push and hold button till it appears?

Please use plain text.
Sage

That solved the issue for me, thanks!

Although I do have to reset it every time. Do you know if there is a way to keep the setting to no numbers mode?

Please use plain text.