Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E72 - turn phone on in offline mode directly

Advisor
lovespider
Accepted Solution

E72 - turn phone on in offline mode directly

Hello,

is there a way to turn E72 on in offline mode without passing through online?

Sometimes I'd like to listen to music with the headset but if I already turned off my phone then I cannot turn it on without "disturbing" the plane instrumentation.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Switch it over to Offline mode before you go on board the plane. When you turn the phone back on it'll ask if you want to keep using it in offline mode and you click Yes.

Depends where you are, of course, but I haven't seen a ban on phone use on the ground...

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lovespider

That's a good point.

I was wondering if there was a button combination to press while turning on...just in case you forget to put the phone in offline mode before the flight.

I'll do some tests before closing this topic.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Now that would be smart...

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Professor
reinob

Even if you forget to set offline mode before taking off.. I don't think anybody will notice if you turn on the phone and "quickly" set it to offline mode.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lovespider

I think that I'll manage somehow ;-)

Anyway I tried turning on the phone with ctrl or hang-up button pressed but it starts normally...

Thanks everybody!

Bye.

Please use plain text.
Professor
reinob

Well, if you really really need your phone to boot in offline mode you can always pop the SIM card out and then turn it on :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HuiChyr

Go to > Menu > Control Panel > Profiles > Offline. That would make your phone OFFLINE and still ON. This is what I thought your question was. Hope it helps.

Please use plain text.