Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E75: SIP & USB mode

Re: E75: SIP & USB mode

Well that's been a waste of many hours. Trying to set up a SIP VOIP connection only to find I need a download first, that is not mentioned in the handbook. Thanks to those on this discussion who helped me resolve it.

I'm sure lots of people will use Gizmo 'cos it's built in without having to do this. Especially those new to VOIP. But people upgrading their handset and wanting to transfer services will be very frustrated by this situation.

Quite understand the commercial reasons for restricting to Gizmo. But get your communications straight. Make it clear in the userguide there is another download needed to use non-gizmo VOIP. Have some respect for your customers and their precious time.

Adding a built in Gizmo service is fine but if your marketers can't use the power of selling to persuade people to use Gizmo (comes with great built in, easy to use, ready to go Voip service) rather than impose restrictions that make the user guide downright wrong, then you need some new marketers.

I bought a nokia phone from nokia to avoid this nonsense .... disappointed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have the e63 and sort of the same thing I cannot setup Internet Calling unless I download Gizmo, if I understand your post, are you saying that Gizmo is the only one that works with the Internet Calling?  You mention another download for non-gizmo, what is it that you downloaded?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, would love to know more about the SIP client on E75 basically I would like my handset to try and route calls via my SIP server as first choice of routing - IF I cannot route the call is it possible that the E75 client can respond to my servers SIP headers and re-dial via my mobile phone service instead ?

Thanks in advance to those that can help 

Please use plain text.

Hi,

I have installed the new  SIP_VoIP_3_x_Settings_v2_0_en.sis on my E75 with the new firmware.

After that I made the sipgate settings and now I can use SIP on my E75 via 3G or WLAN.

But I has a question, how can i disconnect the phone from my SIP provider? The connection is always on.

So, i can not change any settings in my SIP profile. If the phone is in the offline mode, I can not change any settings, it tells me the profile is in use.

Is there any option to disable the SIP?

Thanks

Scoty81

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Through which SIP client you are using SIP Services? I used Nimbuzz which is very easy to configure.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi Buddy,

How to do it?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for these posts for SIP setting in E75 and I did that accordingly and no preoblem with SIP registration and making an out going call thru my SIP provider.

The problem I have is to receive incoming call, it doesn't seems to be able to do so. 

I did set the registration "always on" ,but after set that "Enabling Provider Fail"and and it forces to set registration to "When needed". Then it can enable Provider again.

Any suggestion and tweaking of setting to receive voip call thru my sip profile on nokia e75.

Your input is welcome.

Aung

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

to configure vyke sip just go to this link through your mobile:

http://m.vyke.com/plugin

already tested on my mobile. dont forget to create a user on www.vyke.com in order to use it on your mobile.
note that this service is not for free you have to buy credit.

or you can use the vyke.sis that allows you to call other people using the same application for free (fring concept)

Regards,
Please use plain text.

Hi.

I did exactly you say, now i can make internet calls, but i can not recive internet calls, there is something else to do?

Thanks for any help

Please use plain text.

Hi

I allready installed the sip settings 3.0 on my nokia e75, and i can make internet calls, but i can not recive incoming calls, there is something else to do?

Thanks for any help

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi,

sorry guys but i also did not try to receive internet calls, so i have no idea how to receive the calls.

if you like we may test it together.

my user ID is 9613451458.

i live in lebanon, so we can arrange to test it at 10:00 PM (lebanon time)

Haitham
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

a question, does anyone knows how to configure the Cisco? i purchased the liscence and dont know how to configure my telephone.

i tried to do the configuration as mentioned i the guide but did not work.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi
First of all which is the most comfortable voip service(apart from nimbuzz and fring because they are apps,i want something easier)im trying to configure voipcheap i have added a sip profile it registers but i dont know where to add this profile,or what should i do with it, when i click on internet calls it offers me to download gizmo and vyke...
Any solutions?
(i'm with the new firmware)

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

There is no such option in e75  net setting and there is only download and vcc but no add-
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RajaTariqAziz

Dear All,

Same E75 missing internet tel ocon  problem.... Actually it is really annoyed that why we do need an extra installation; any ways can you please confirm me that there if is there any latest firmware availabe for this model taht has fixed this issue without installing that ,sis file.  hoh to check current version opn phone and latest available on nokia web.

Please use plain text.

I have a peculiar problem with my VOIP service.

I have made all the setting as advised here in the forum.

I am able to make calls from GIZMO but when the call is attended the opponent is unable to hear me and vice versa.

Anybody can help !!!

Thanks in advance ..... 

Please use plain text.