Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E75 stop ringing when it is loud enough

Contributor

E75 stop ringing when it is loud enough

When my E75 receives a call, it play the ring tone for less than a second and then turn silent.

I played a while and noticed that the ring tone stops when the volume reach a certain level. If I set the ring tone to ringing and max volume, it stops in less than a second. reduce the volume it rings ok. if I choose ascending, it play the ring tone for a while and stop when it is loud enough. However I can play the same ring tone in music player with maximum volume without a problem.

Anyone know how to solve this problem? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem, so it must be a glitch. Driving me crazy as I keep missing calls. On top of e mail set up for smtp authentication, this lovely phone is bedevilled with small but very annoying issues.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same problem for me. Bought this phone to be the ultimate BusinessPhone but as it is now it is unfortunately useless.

I do not know how many calls I have missed over the last couple of days.

What should I do, return it it the reseller or is it a workaround/fix to this? 

Apart from this serious deficiency it is a great phone so I would really like it to work as designed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
qazxlv

I`ts because of tapping control and turning control. Normally, twice tapping on phone ringing sound can be released.

But because it is turned on vibrational signal, telephone think that you delay the sound.

2 solutions:

1.Turn off vibration 

2.Go to Menu-> Ctrl.panel-> settings-> general-> sensor settings-> tapping control-> uncheck "silencing calls" and "snoozing alarms"

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am having the same problem.

Finally i discovered it myself that whenever you will activate the sensro setting of Silencing the calls by Tapping control, the ringer will be deactivated automatically.  I think this is a software glitch which needs to be addressed urgently by Nokia.

If we turn off that feature then the phone works fine.  i have not seen any other major fault so far.  But due to this fault 'm planning to send it back to the company.

Any suggestions ??

Please use plain text.
Contributor

good point. I disabled the tapping control and it works fine now. I think this is quite a useless feature. How could it reliably tell the difference between tapping, vibration and other motion such as in pocket of walking man?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Don't send it back. They will fix it. Nokia will have an upgrade usually within the first month or so. Instead of sending the phone back, send them feedback via the "Contact Us" link at the top. Thanks goes out to all the guys that did the research and found this. Bravo.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

gustavlund wrote:

Same problem for me. Bought this phone to be the ultimate BusinessPhone but as it is now it is unfortunately useless.

I do not know how many calls I have missed over the last couple of days.

What should I do, return it it the reseller or is it a workaround/fix to this? 

Apart from this serious deficiency it is a great phone so I would really like it to work as designed.

Really? Useless? Completely or are you being a bit melodramatic? It has a bug, a rather small one that someone has posted a fix to. Say thank you to them, give them a Kudos and wait for Nokia to fix the problem. 

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I just tested some combination of options. As long as silencing calls option is enabed, either through tapping control or turning control, the ring tone stops. No matter whether the vibration is on or off. If sliencing call is off, it works just fine.

Since silencing call is a new feature for this phone, I can live happily without it. Nokia might release software update in near future but I don't really care. DIsable silencing call is enough for me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Dude,

I think only tapping control > silencing calls does the whole trick.....  You do not need to turn off the other features to resolve the issue.....

Atleast that worked for me and others.......

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same problem for me...

did a "restore to factory:...

It worked!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same here! Not only that, but I found out that when someone calls, it just shows caller's name but no ringtone...or when it plays your personalized ringtone, you can't pick up the phone!! There are a lot of quirks Nokia has to iron out in their software department...This e75 is overrated...really!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

dechanuchit wrote:

Same here! Not only that, but I found out that when someone calls, it just shows caller's name but no ringtone...or when it plays your personalized ringtone, you can't pick up the phone!! There are a lot of quirks Nokia has to iron out in their software department...This e75 is overrated...really!!

Name some other quirks. A lot constitutes more than one. If you read anywhere in this thread you would see that there is a fix for the problem. The guys posting here found a solution, and hopefully contacted Nokia to inform them of this VERY NEW FEATURE that no other phone has, so you might want to re-think your "over-rated" statement/rant.

Apple iPhone 5,

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I wrote to Nokia about giving a solution to this issue and the stupid people replied that I should just turn the Tapping control feature off as the solution !  Why the hell did they give that feature in the first place if it were to be turned off ??

Are these guys crazzzy ??  I explained the problem to them in detail but they seem to take it lightly and brushed it off....

I had also called up the Nokia care call centre but they had no updates from the company about this model.  They asked me to visit Nokia Care centre.  And the nokia care centre people in my city are so dumb that they haven't seen this model yet !

What should be done next ??  Should we wait for some time for software updates ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

an update has been released. and they removed the "turn-to-silence" and "tap-to-silence" features. they are nice features, ... if they work properly
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Many thanks for providing the answer to this problem. 

Regards, Jan-Paul

Moderator note: link removed.

Message Edited by michaels on 10-Jun-2009 11:07 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Many thanks for solution. Worked as it says in the box.

Grateful, as I was missing a lot of calls.

Please use plain text.