Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E90 Lock code

Registered Member

E90 Lock code

pls help! i forgot my lock code for E90. I am trying to unlock it and cannot do this. Is there a possibility to restore the initial 12345 code?
Big thanks to helper.
Please use plain text.
Sage
gemini632003

Re: E90 Lock code

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but I don't think it's possible to reset the lock code back to factory setting without unlocking the code first, I had this same problem with a previous handset & had it resolved at a mobile repair shop for a small cost, hope you can get it fix.
Please use plain text.
Professor
bhumbro

another option is to reinstall ur firmware or try the hard reset method but both these will lead to loss of data....... so its ur choice
Articles posted courtesy engadget

keep us updated about the progress.... if u like wat I have to offer then click on khudos.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I also have a problem with my E90 lock code, I recently had my phone repaired (hardware problem) and after a few days, I tried turning on the lock code.  However, 12345 nor my old lock code doesn't seem to work.  I tried resetting my factory settings by using 12345 and it did work.  But when I try to change it through Tools>Settings>Security>Phone and sim card>Lock code, when I input the 12345 (as current lock code) and new 5-digit numbers (for my personal lock code since I wanted to change it), the message error is "General:system error."  Would you have any idea why such problem is encountered?  I

'm afraid that this may cause me serious trouble in the future. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, I also have issue with the password.... I used the phone than my wife and now I want to use it again but we do not remember the password. You mentioned that there is a way to do hard reset with data loss... how would I go about it? I would like to try anything before sending it to NOKIA.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Sage
wilson63

Hi 0rzik, you can do a hard reset by *#7370# or even try re-installing firmware to erase all previous settings, I hope this solution works for you.:smileyhappy:

Hit the *Kudos* button if you find advice useful,

Please use plain text.
Contributor

The phone keeps asking me for password.... I think it is the Exchange/Outlook policy where my baby used to work... that is why the *#7370# reset does not work. Is that possible?

How do I reinstall the firmware? I did some research on the threads hereinstalled some aps from NOKIA but they do not see the phone... possibly due to the password.

At this point I do not care about the data. Should I send it to NOKIA or I can reinstall the firmware?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
Sage
wilson63

Hi orzik, have you ever updated your firmware before? it's quite simple just connect you device to the PC & start software updater it should begin searching for connected phone the next step is it will inform you on either it's up to date if indeed is, then you get the option to reinstall firmware all over again. This method should erase all your personalize settings including passwords, if your warranty hasn't expired then your are in luck to make a trip to the Nokia care point:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi Wilson63, thanks for you reply.

I tried it but can't get past the phone recognition by  my PC... i think it is due to the password lock.

I actually walked into the local cell phone fix all store and they looked at me as if the phone was stolen!!! and just smiled... anyway NOKIA might be my last resort :smileyindifferent:

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jorjino

[ Edited ]

Hello vcojuhari,

Please try this: turning off  and turn on your phone with dedicated button, pressing the green button, the 3 and *  buttons of your handset at the same time, starting your phone and not releasing the buttons until you see the  Nokia hands screen. This will clean the phone memory bringing it to the status when it left the factory.

The most important thing is to press and hold these four buttons till you see the Nokia logo onto display.

Hope this help.

Regards!

Message Edited by jorjino on 17-Jul-2009 09:30 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

jorjino - thank you for your advise. I tried that, however I never get to the "hands" screen.... I am prompted for a password before I get there  (this might be an exchange password)

Any ideas? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jorjino

Hello Orzik,

The password issue is the lock password, which you don`t have ( originaly it is 12345 ).

I am sorry my friend, but for me you can solve your problem only with reflashing the phone - update the software. But it will eraze all you data, settings, etc.

Regards!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I do not mind losing my data. Can I reflash the phone myself without that password?:smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Sage
wilson63

Hi all, it appears U can't even get pass the phone lock code, how the hell U suppose to reflash it on your own. Don't hesitate & go directly to a Nokia service center, good luck
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wilson63,

Thanks for the black and white responce that I needed!

Cheers,

Message Edited by 0rzik on 22-Jul-2009 02:40 PM
Please use plain text.