Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

ETA for N8 anna update Australia

Sage
Accepted Solution

ETA for N8 anna update Australia

I know this has been asked but...

Could we get an official date on this.

We have been patient and waited as we were promised this would not happen again.

Skyee or other Nokia staff Pls.

Please use plain text.
Employee
J_Lo_

Re: ETA for N8 anna update Australia

Nokia is working closely with local operators to ensure Symbian Anna is ready for consumers.  Each of the Australian operators will have different launch schedules but we aim to have the software widely available by the end of September 2011.  Some Australian operators may launch sooner.

Please use plain text.
Sage

What about unbranded /unlocked phones? will they be sooner?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lost_me

Totally unacceptable, Nokia.  

Nothing but problems with my N8. (I’ve had three completely stop working). Both Nokia and Vodafone have not taking any responsibility for these problems.

Now, the wait for this update is the final kick in the guts.

After many years with Nokia, it’s Goodbye…. I’m off to buy another brand.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

I had a nice idea...

How about a new code say

Country variant Antarctica (blah blah blah)  (hopefully not a white version though)

That way Australia would not be the last place on earth to get the update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
where_is_anna

Re: ETA for N8 anna update for product code 059c951

I am in london, uk, with a n8 product code 059c951, after being with nokia for 31 years I can finally say its time to move on to another phone supplier, I have checked the nokia site every day since 21 august to download the software to update my phone, still no joy today 9 september, if this is your new customer care policy to keep your phone owners in the dark its working, five people in my office have already moved to htc or apple, they were you loyal customers, now its my turn, iphone 4, apple keep you informed and update on a regular basic,

Please use plain text.
Sage

If its a branded one check with your operator
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

where_is_anna wrote:

I am in london, uk, with a n8 product code 059C951

This is for Tesco whom lost interest in marketing this handset some months ago, so hardly surprising that in no hurry to provide further support now; PR1.2 was authorised quite late in proceedings last time around.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
torren88

[ Edited ]

Is sick of waiting and getting told nokia is working with carriers my phone is a unbranded n8 so as im not using operator settings it shouldn't matter plus i think it's a filipino one and still no updates i have been with nokia since the 3210 some 12 years ago and im sick of nokia's lack of support great hardware but you use **bleep** software that fails time and again and now you expect us to wait for anna even more when all of the middle east has it already and half of asia so **bleep** nokia.. so with great sadness i will be switching to GS2 as i hate apple or anything with an "I" in it.... I can bet come the end of this month and there will still be no update or will be out and full of bugs........

Goodbye nokia from another unhappy loyal customer

P.S as someone stated in earlier post nokia told us this blunder would not happen again after what happen with PR1.2 and previous stuff ups thanks for telling the truth nokia once again

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
torren88

sorry for double posting but just did a quick look up on product codes list and heres mine was wrong about it being from philippines but still its unbranded and does not use operator settings

059D597: RM-596 Country Variant Australia AU Dark Grey V1_COLOR

Heres the link to the world product codes list Product codes

Please use plain text.
Sage

yes that the same as mine
harvey N and others sold this unbranded
Please use plain text.
labasa1

Re: ETA for N8 anna update for product code 059D597

[ Edited ]

059D597: RM-596 Country Variant Australia AU Dark Grey V1_COLOR

Mine is the same im in new zealand and the n8 with new zealand variant code has the update for almost three weeks.I don't understand why nokia hasn't release update for unbranded n8 as they are not tied to a carrier. I guess waiting continues for 10 more days and i don't thats the minimum waiting time.

Please use plain text.
_64B

Oh come on....... My wife has had Anna on her C7 for weeks in Australia, when is my N8 getting the Anna update??? It's almost October 2011.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n8lvr

I'm patiently awaiting Anna update for my N8... good things come to those who wait.  But hopefully it gets here before the Belle update is launched. :smileyhappy:

The N8 is still a great smartphone as it is - with fantastic camera, HDMI & TV out, a USB port that allows both USB mass storage access to internal cards (from any computer) as well as being able to plug in external USB drives!  Free downloadable maps for offline use & a great built-in GPS, fantastic!

Being able to update the firmware over the air is great!  It worked well for PR1.2 update & hopefully the Anna update will be just as smooth.

Just a few grievances though - lack of a SMB client, upload size limitation on WebDAV, and lack of CalDAV calendar sync!!!  It sounds like the Belle update will at least allow access to SMB shares.  A bigger capacity battery would have been nice, and being able to replace it easily when it finally dies... hrm. 

From what I hear, Belle will also bring with it native MS office apps, replacing QuickOffice.  There'll be some other MS guff in there as well it seems.  Syncing to an exchange server will improve (if you're into exchange that is) allowing multiple calendar sync.  I never thought that I'd see native MS apps on a Nokia product, and that would make it rather unique in any of today's smartphones.  Personally, I'd rather see better support for open standards (IMAP-idle, CalDAV, CardDAV, LDAP)

I don't have any regrets in selecting my N8.  However, I have a feeling that it might be the last Nokia smartphone that I'll personally own.  The N9 looks very interesting & I'll see what's happening with Meego in 22 months time (when VHA ditch all Three accounts) but I certainly won't be buying a Windows Phone (I'm not a big fan of either MS or Apple).

So, is Anna here yet?  <checks phone again>  Doh!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Employee
J_Lo_

We are making good progress in testing the Symbian Anna software update in Australia. Nokia now aims to have Symbian Anna widely available for Australian consumers by the end of this month (October 2011). We apologise for this delay and reiterate our commitment to ensuring that every user will get a high quality update experience. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulGrenfell

End of August, then end of Sept, then end of ??
Without saying how, but half my friends already have Belle on their N8s..But ive given up and ditched my N8..
i hope N9 will be a better experience.. Im waiting for some feedback before i jump onto that wagon..
Not your fault J-Lo , but this has been a long and exhaustive year for updates, just to get a proper working handset.. I hope i dont have a repeat of that, with my next phone..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zukand

I honestly can't wait for my contract to end. It'll time well with the release of the next iphone, and I will go back. I had an iphone, it did everything I did, but then I swaped to an N8. The only reason I'm not going back yet is because I lent it to someone. If they get a new phone, then I'll go back to my OLD iphone which is incredibly more supported than my N8. 

Nokia need to get their act together. You've lost me, but maybe you can save yourself from losing others. 

Please use plain text.
Paulgo

Well here it is beginning of October (end of September) and AGAIN Nokia has LIED to us. This seems to be an ongoing process.

NOKIA ARE JUST ARROGANT LIARS

End of October will become end of November then December.

They are FULL of it and have NO IDEA what they are doing. They've swapped over to Microsoft- that says it all. It will spell the final downfall of nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mat33n

this is BS i should have gone with the samsung galaxy S when i had the chance but no i stayed with NOKIA... grrr so **bleep** off rest of the world is getting the belle update by the end of the month and we get Anna **bleep** is that??

PS the lack of GOOD apps is so annoying! and the fact the fone is so slow and freezes and resets it self soo annoying ...

NOKIA U R A FAIL NOW!! time for a major upgrade to the Samsung galaxy S2... so much batter and andriod has so many apps unlike nokia!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PaulDTroy

Some Unbranded E7 Anna updates have just rolled out in Oz, so maybe N8 is close?

Please use plain text.