Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Edit and add names to the sites on Nokia Maps

Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Edit and add names to the sites on Nokia Maps

Hello, I can edit and add names to the sites and places in the Nokia Maps. For example, in the theater of my province listed as "City Theatre", but actually called "Gran Teatro de la Ciudad". I want to edit, add and edit the names as many are wrongly written and other misplaced.

Greetings!

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Ey kids, answer plis.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

I don't think that there is any way in which you can edit places directly, but you can use the report facility to advise Nokia of the errors, even though it seems to work somewhat inconsistently. The report form being different depending on whether it's a place you opened from the map, or one you opened from a different place's page. Hopefully the attached image explains.

Alternatively it is possible to report places from the web version of maps at maps.nokia.com (same sign in as you use here), but I couldn't get it to work for Argentina, but maybe that's as Nokia know where my account is registered, but I attach an image for a place closer to home.

It should also be possible to add new places on the web version, but I was unable to do so. See "Help" for details.

N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

..Or you my report here ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Wow. Satellite view.

Can you please tell me why satellite view is not available for India?
I have India proloaded.
Even after selecting satellite view, it doesn't show any buildings in any city of India!!!

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I can see satellite view of london, but not India :smileysad:
Nokia lumia 710 has satellite view on Nokia maps for India but why not with my 701?

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Satellite View is not available for India yet.. May be it will be included later on.. Its same as the Traffic updates.. With the current maps updates this was made available for some major cities of India..

BTW, even when Google started Google Earth, initially many regions of the world did not have the Satellite view.. Even when this was made available for India, many regions of the country were blurred... slowly the whole earth was covered...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Thanks farby. Hope it becomes available for India as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Hey ...

How I can add names to places? such as restaurants, banks, parks, etc.. Someone puts added and bad. I want to edit and add names to new places.

ANSWER...!

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

[ Edited ]

I want to do things right, for example ...

Imágen 1: NOT THE BANK OF ARGENTINA NATION, is another bank called "Banco Macro".

Imágen 2: NO NAME, but University is an important called "Universidad de la Cuenca del Plata".

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Hi,

You can't make changes from within the application.

You can only report them to NAVTEQ using the link Farby provided above.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

OK,

I wonder ... Who then add locations? users do, because some misspellings. Maybe not be from the application, but the computer itself. Or the names appear by magic?

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You can't do that directly on Nokia Maps..The correct process is 'Users' only do that but you have to report this to Navteq. ..and the data is supposed to be checked / confirmed by Navteq then added. but yes, still there are lots and lots of errors in spellings / wrong names,etc. In fact I found more than  10 in the area of just about 1 km. radius from my residence. Some Nokia employee suggested me to send all these details to him which I did sometime during October, 2011 but even in the latest Maps update of May, 2012 the errors are still present. I could not report these errors to Navteq as surprisingly these places are not appearing at all on its site ...

Please use plain text.