Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Email IMAP setup problem !

Counsellor
arunlal4u

Email IMAP setup problem !

I created my gmail account . Tried both offline and online method.
But still i dont see any emails in my inbox, when i open the account.
It just has green circle and thats it no emails.
After some time the green circle changes to red circle with X mark in middle.

How to solve this issue ? 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi arunlal4u,

Have you enabled IMAP on your Gmail account? You can check it at Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP on Gmail. After this, remove your existing mailbox and set up your email account again following the instructions below:

1. Start Setup Email wizard (or select New on the Email client).
  2. Select Start.
  3. Select Mail For Exchange.
  4. Enter your Gmail email address.
  5. Enter your Gmail password.
  6. Leave domain empty.
  7. Enter server address m.google.com.

After this the account should sync with your phone.

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

and What should be the server address for yahoo.co.in email id?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

@timkamat

Yahoo's default server addresses should work, so try the following:

Incoming mail server
pop.mail.yahoo.com (or imap.n.mail.yahoo.com if you want to use IMAP)

Outgoing mail server
smtp.mail.yahoo.com (or smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com for IMAP)

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@timkamat

I create Yahoo!nMail mailbox on my Nokia 6730 classic, uses the incoming and outgoing mail server, It works well till now.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

I am asking about mail for exchange server for the email id xxx@yahoo.co.in. The outgoing and incoming mail servers are set up automatically when I configure the mail box using Nokia messaging or standard email configuration. Please refer item no 7 in your reply above on how to set up mail for exchange for gmail.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

Username (or the user id) should be the same one that you use to log on to the Yahoo webmail interface. Please check it there.

If you have any further problems with the user ID, we would recommend that you check Yahoo help or contact their customer support.

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

Please use plain text.